• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
Here are 6 possibilities mentioned regularly on here to replace Pitino as the Gophers head coach. For NCAA tournament appearances I am counting last season if they already won their conference, or were a lock to make the tournament. Seasons as a head coach and winning percentage includes this season.

Who are you choosing?

A) Seasons as a head coach - 13
Overall winning percentage - .644
Conference regular season championships - 4
Conference tournament championships - 2
NCAA tournament appearances - 4

B) Seasons as a head coach - 4
Overall winning percentage - .744
Conference regular season championships - 1
Conference tournament championships - 1
NCAA tournament appearances - 2

C) Seasons as a head coach - 8
Overall winning percentage - .500
Conference tournament championships - 0
NCAA tournament appearances - 0

D) Seasons as a head coach - 10
Overall winning percentage - .679
Conference regular season championships - 4
Conference tournament championships - 4

E) Seasons as a head coach - 6
Overall winning percentage - .742
Conference regular season championships - 3
Conference tournament championships - 1
NCAA tournament appearances - 3

F) Seasons as a head coach - 3
Overall winning percentage - .711
NCAA tournament appearances - 0

For reference, here are Pitino's numbers.

Seasons as a head coach - 9
Overall winning percentage - .547
Conference regular season championships - 0

The consensus is overwhelming. Coyle's work is done for him...

Wait, how is D possible? Isn't a conference tournament championship an automatic NCAA bid?

I was back and forth on whether to include E, because I'm not sure he's a legitimate option. But you never know. I believe the other 5 are all real options though.

Obviously, there are other things I'd like to know to make a decision but E would be my choice. Unfotunately, I am pretty confident in who E is and he's I am not sure he's attainable.

Just going by what the blind resume shows, my second choice would be D. He's won his conference 40% of the time over a 10 year sample and has 4 conference tournament championships. My hesistancy here though is how much of that record was accomplished at a largely irrelevant (to me) level of basketball? If he's got 4 conference tournament titles and only 2 NCAA appearances then at least 2 of those titles occurred outside of D-1. I am pretty sure I know who most of these guys are and "D" probably wouldn't be my second choice by name but by blind resume, he is.
Fun topic, thanks for posting.

It would be interesting if they were all coaches of womans teams. Who is up for Lindsay changing lockers?

Obviously, there are other things I'd like to know to make a decision but E would be my choice. Unfotunately, I am pretty confident in who E is and he's I am not sure he's attainable.

Just going by what the blind resume shows, my second choice would be D. He's won his conference 40% of the time over a 10 year sample and has 4 conference tournament championships. My hesistancy here though is how much of that record was accomplished at a largely irrelevant (to me) level of basketball? If he's got 4 conference tournament titles and only 2 NCAA appearances then at least 2 of those titles occurred outside of D-1. I am pretty sure I know who most of these guys are and "D" probably wouldn't be my second choice by name but by blind resume, he is.
Fun topic, thanks for posting.

I'd like to know the age of these potential candidates are?

Thanks for the posting it.

One of the coaches does include seasons at a lower level.

There are also several coaches who won a regular season conference title, but lost their conference tournament and didn't make the NCAA tournament because of it.

I'll post the answers later today.

Any over what we have endured for 8 years. 6 wins in last 42 road games is horrendous.

One of the coaches does include seasons at a lower level.

There are also several coaches who won a regular season conference title, but lost their conference tournament and didn't make the NCAA tournament because of it.

I'll post the answers later today.

Part of why I like him. Truly worked his way up and has been successful at every stop.

I don't pay attention to college basketball and E turned out to be the name I came into this thread thinking. So he's my #1 target lol

My choice was E. I would think he isn’t available.

Second choice was B. On paper yes in reality I wouldn’t be all that excited but allegedly he would want the job.

Interesting that Medved who gets a lot of mention didn’t get a vote based on blind resumes.

Musselman's buy out goes down May 1st. Will be interesting to see how the next two months play out.

My choice was E. I would think he isn’t available.

Second choice was B. On paper yes in reality I wouldn’t be all that excited but allegedly he would want the job.

Interesting that Medved who gets a lot of mention didn’t get a vote based on blind resumes.

That is the interesting thing. In the other thread there is a lot of love for Medved, and several would take him over Smith. How do you look at this and take Medved over any of these other candidates? I wouldn't.

I think Medved is a good coach, but I don't think he's proven enough yet.

Top Bottom