Bleacher Report All B1G Conference Team

Johnob2

Reaction score
Just read the Bleacher report 'All B1G Conference team' - only Epping and Maxx selected. A bit disappointed the likes of Cobb and Wilson were not.

Is there an official Conference Team selection at some point? If so, when is it?

Thanks in anticipation of a response,

Thank you - it is sometimes easy to miss things this side of the pond - especially if there is an announcement during a week when BTN international have the Gophers on delayed coverage and I have shut myself off from news to avoid seeing the score before I get chance to watch the game 'as live'.

Grateful to Gopherhole for keeping me updated.

I know that statistically it is difficult to argue against Gordon or Coleman not being placed ahead of Cobb (a freak year for RBs in the conference) but I feel there were occasions this season when he quite literally carried the offense. That drive against Ohio State (I think) when he was rolling his arms encouraging the coaches to give him carry after carry - lifted the crowd and the whole team.

Cobb got very little of his yardage in garbage time, he played in a low tempo offense against teams that stacked the box and didn't show much respect for our passing game. Every record breaking yard was hard earned.

After missing out on the Doak semi-final and the Conference 1st team, I really hope he gets more recognition somehow, desperate for him to have a good Senior bowl, do enough to raise an eyebrow or two at the combine and get drafted by an NFL franchise where he can grow into a starting role.

I know I'm biased but I really do think the kid is genuinely special. The vision and patience he shows allowing plays to develop (I know this is a big comparison) reminds me of what I used to see in Walter Payton when I first started watching the game.

The vision and patience he shows allowing plays to develop (I know this is a big comparison) reminds me of what I used to see in Walter Payton when I first started watching the game.

He's a gamer. He may not have the speed or moves that Gordon or Coleman have, but I don't think those two would have the year Cobb had playing behind the same O line. He can find a hole when there is none. Another thing he'll do is use opponents speed against them: he will look/run one way waiting for the corner or safety to come up close enough then cut back. Perfect misdirection. He did it in the ohio state game for the touchdown. Little things like that are hard to teach.

He's a gamer. He may not have the speed or moves that Gordon or Coleman have, but I don't think those two would have the year Cobb had playing behind the same O line. He can find a hole when there is none. Another thing he'll do is use opponents speed against them: he will look/run one way waiting for the corner or safety to come up close enough then cut back. Perfect misdirection. He did it in the ohio state game for the touchdown. Little things like that are hard to teach.

Coleman would have an even better year if he had our O-line. Cobb definitely can find a whole when there isn't or turn a 3 yard loss into a no gain but still most of his yards are due to his O-line especially the huge gainers.

Coleman would have an even better year if he had our O-line. Cobb definitely can find a whole when there isn't or turn a 3 yard loss into a no gain but still most of his yards are due to his O-line especially the huge gainers.

I know it's all hypothetical die hard, but looking forwards to next season, I hope our O line finds a way to part the seas for a speed back (Edwards). Limited opportunity I know, but barring one long TD (on a jet sweep I think?) he just hasn't been able to get the space to run thus far.

Will be interesting to see if we go more power (Williams), finesse, speed or a combo in the run game. At the moment I'm finding it hard to predict who out of Williams, Edwards, Smith or Jones will get the lions share of the carries.

Anyway, I know we got a Bowl Game to look forwards to first. Gutted I won't be able to make it - Florida flights from UK at New Year just too expensive for me to justify to my family.

Thank you - it is sometimes easy to miss things this side of the pond - especially if there is an announcement during a week when BTN international have the Gophers on delayed coverage and I have shut myself off from news to avoid seeing the score before I get chance to watch the game 'as live'.

Grateful to Gopherhole for keeping me updated.

I know that statistically it is difficult to argue against Gordon or Coleman not being placed ahead of Cobb (a freak year for RBs in the conference) but I feel there were occasions this season when he quite literally carried the offense. That drive against Ohio State (I think) when he was rolling his arms encouraging the coaches to give him carry after carry - lifted the crowd and the whole team.

Cobb got very little of his yardage in garbage time, he played in a low tempo offense against teams that stacked the box and didn't show much respect for our passing game. Every record breaking yard was hard earned.

After missing out on the Doak semi-final and the Conference 1st team, I really hope he gets more recognition somehow, desperate for him to have a good Senior bowl, do enough to raise an eyebrow or two at the combine and get drafted by an NFL franchise where he can grow into a starting role.

I know I'm biased but I really do think the kid is genuinely special. The vision and patience he shows allowing plays to develop (I know this is a big comparison) reminds me of what I used to see in Walter Payton when I first started watching the game.
Nice post. It's nice to read comments from someone else that sum up my thoughts. In the right place Cobb could be an NFL beast. Great point about "garbage" yards and I can think of several times this year when he seemed to demoralize defenses in the second half.

Top Bottom