Blake Cashman . . .

Plinnius

Reaction score
deserves his own thread and a scholarship.

He's gotten better every week. You could see it on ST's last year and early this year, and he's just taken off from there. Great to see from a hometown kid. Hats off to thee, Blake Cashman!

Chose us over ndsu

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Incredible burst and seems to always hit the right gap. Get that boy a scholarship?

IN post-game radio interview, Claeys said they try to put Cashman in situations where he can be effective - mainly against spread-offense teams. Claeys said you don't want a 210-pound linebacker facing a team that uses 2 backs and 2 TE's. Want bigger LB's against a power-running scheme.

He's got great football instincts. Get him a scholarship!

What high school?

Cashman went to Eden Prairie.

He reminds me quite a bit of Grayson Levine (in HS). They also had a kid a few years ago named Michaelson who went to Wyoming (I believe). Carter actually played a similar position with Eden Prairie (which is why he was sometimes listed as a SS on recruiting websites).

It's essentially a SS who played reaally close to the line and was really more of a LBer. All of these guys were good enough athletes to pretty much do everything, in HS. So they would rush the passer at times, play like a FS at times, but they would usually play like an outside linebacker.

Blake isn't a good enough athlete to play SS. He'll be a LBer and he'll play situationally (as Claeys described).

Cashman has produced enough to deserve a scholarship. If a baseball player was a utility infielder and only got 120 at-bats a year but he still hit 40 home runs, you'd still call him a slugger.

I just came here to start a Blake Cashman thread.
These past two seasons he was a serious special teams stud....
...and he's proving to be a huge diamond in the rough.
He's everywhere, on nearly every play and has a burst to him.
Love his upside as a soph

Incredible burst and seems to always hit the right gap. Get that boy a scholarship?

This, he was constantly breaking free and not because NW ignored him, he just out burst and schemed them.
Last three games...
19 total tackles.
6 tackles for loss.
5 sacks.
damn..

Cashman went to Eden Prairie.

He reminds me quite a bit of Grayson Levine (in HS). They also had a kid a few years ago named Michaelson who went to Wyoming (I believe). Carter actually played a similar position with Eden Prairie (which is why he was sometimes listed as a SS on recruiting websites).

It's essentially a SS who played reaally close to the line and was really more of a LBer. All of these guys were good enough athletes to pretty much do everything, in HS. So they would rush the passer at times, play like a FS at times, but they would usually play like an outside linebacker.

Blake isn't a good enough athlete to play SS. He'll be a LBer and he'll play situationally (as Claeys described).

Not sure I'm buying that based on what I've seen. I'm really worried about Ayinde trying to support the run next week with McGee out the first half.

Not sure I'm buying that based on what I've seen. I'm really worried about Ayinde trying to support the run next week with McGee out the first half.

I'll be way more worried if Hardin isn't back in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Cashman gets a scholarship after spring practice. If he gets one before that he counts against the 25 signings allowed, after a walk-on has been with a program for two years, any scholarship awarded only counts towards the 85 total. It is totally possible, that given the tight number of scholarships available, the coaches might just ignore the signing calculations and put him on scholarship for the spring.

Top Bottom