Blaise declares for draft

Would have been great to have him back but not shocking to see him go pro. Hopefully it works out well for him and he gets drafted.

would be awesome if we managed to get a bunch of lineman drafted. Would definitely help with future o-line recruiting.

Thought he might. He’d probably have to be in a Ph.D. program if he came back for another year. He’ll be missed. Great lineman and bright: position flexibility. But time to let the next wave shine.

Congrats, Blaise!

PJ sort of let it slip during the NSD event when he talked about 4 OL moving on to the NFL. I didn't think he'd come back. He is a local guy who had offers from across the country, stayed home, stayed committed through a coaching change, played multiple positions and earned All Big 10 accolades.

I hope he doesn't get drafted by the Pack but I'll be rooting for him.

Awesome guy and an awesome player! Will be miss, but that is college football, time to move on if you're able to take the next step! Thanks for your contributions!

What a standout player with consistency, versatility, and excellence!! Wishing him a long NFL career.
Really a plus for him. Don't know how the scouts view him vis-a-vis his projected position at the next level, but he's played across the line for us and played well. Congrats and good luck.

Can't blame the kid. He's a fantastic player, a physical specimen, and a great thinker. I believe Andries will be as much a credit to the U of M in the NFL as in the NCAA. Good luck to you, Blaise.

Big Daniel and Blaise will get drafted and provide great PR for the Gophers.

Blaise, thank you for being a Gopher and good luck to you in the pros.

Thanks for everything you’ve done in maroon and gold and we’ll all be rooting for you wherever you are drafted!

Congrats, Blaise!

PJ sort of let it slip during the NSD event when he talked about 4 OL moving on to the NFL. I didn't think he'd come back. He is a local guy who had offers from across the country, stayed home, stayed committed through a coaching change, played multiple positions and earned All Big 10 accolades.

Big Dan, Blaise, Connor O (?) and Schleuter (?) ... or Kieft (?). Olson to Med School?

Congrats, Blaise!

Of all the things I appreciate about Andries--excellence in the classroom and on the football field--his decision to remain committed to the Gophers through the coaching change (as he was recruited by the previous regime and, if the civil war that erupted in here is any indication, the possible emergence of a confusing state in the program surrounding the controversy that led, at least indirectly to the coaching change) is the thing I appreciate the most. As I said in my post above, thank you Blaise for your commitment to the University and setting an example of how to be an exemplary student/athlete.

Of all the things I appreciate about Andries--excellence in the classroom and on the football field--his decision to remain committed to the Gophers through the coaching change (as he was recruited by the previous regime and, if the civil war that erupted in here is any indication, the possible emergence of a confusing state in the program surrounding the controversy that led, at least indirectly to the coaching change) is the thing I appreciate the most. As I said in my post above, thank you Blaise for your commitment to the University and setting an example of how to be an exemplary student/athlete.
Great post!
He is one the cornerstones which program excellence was built on.

Was he the lone holdover in the 2017 class? My memory isn't the greatest for things like this but as I recall, recruiting was going pretty slow due to all the uncertainty around the program. But I seem to remember him being the lone guy that was committed before the change who ended up still being part of the class after the change.

Was he the lone holdover in the 2017 class? My memory isn't the greatest for things like this but as I recall, recruiting was going pretty slow due to all the uncertainty around the program. But I seem to remember him being the lone guy that was committed before the change who ended up still being part of the class after the change.
Here is a link to that class. I don't know who committed to which coach in that class. I recognize the guys who had committed to WMU who came along with Fleck, but I don't know which of the other guys had committed to Claeys. I want to say Paulson, Douglas, Harris, and Bursch committed prior to the firing but, like you, I am pretty foggy. McLaurin is shown here as a commitment and I know he committed under Claeys, but I don't believe he ever enrolled at the University and, if he did, he left shortly thereafter.

Link: https://www.foxsports.com/north/gallery/minnesota-gophers-pj-fleck-2017-recruiting-class-020117

Most entertaining thing about the link is Fleck still had hair. Five years in the B1G will do a lot of damage to one's follicles.

Top Bottom