Bizarre Gopher Wikipedia entry

You don't remember Reece? He almost broke all of Philip Nelson's gopher passing records...

Reece was involved in an unfortunate incident and all memory of him was erased.

And here I thought he was talking about the fact Wikipedia claims we lost to Iowa St, which is impossible...

And was the ugliest Gopher game I ever saw.

And here I thought he was talking about the fact Wikipedia claims we lost to Iowa St, which is impossible...

Totally agree there!

And here I thought he was talking about the fact Wikipedia claims we lost to Iowa St, which is impossible

Ugly, yes. Ugliest? 2009 season, yes. However, offset by a very pretty win over the jackrabbits;-).

Ugliest ever? I don't think so. You must be too young to have witnessed the 1983 debacle against Nebraska.

Ugly, yes. Ugliest? 2009 season, yes. However, offset by a very pretty win over the jackrabbits;-).

Ugliest ever? I don't think so. You must be too young to have witnessed the 1983 debacle against Nebraska.

I don't think I saw the Nebraska game (wasn't on tv) but I remember it very well. And I was at the Iowa dome game, but the Iowa St. game looked like two teams that had no business being in a bowl game. At least Nebraska and Iowa had quality teams in the other two games. Unfortunately, as Gopher fans, we've had far too many of these to endure.

I don't think I saw the Nebraska game (wasn't on tv) but I remember it very well. And I was at the Iowa dome game, but the Iowa St. game looked like two teams that had no business being in a bowl game. At least Nebraska and Iowa had quality teams in the other two games. Unfortunately, as Gopher fans, we've had far too many of these to endure.

Fair enough. I guess it is a bit like trying to figure out which kick in the nuts hurt the most.

Top Bottom