Bishop Sankey

paulser21

Reaction score
Another player that likes Minnesota is Bishop Sankey, who is entering the home stretch with his recruitment by setting up in-home and official visits. The outstanding Washington state running back has an in-home with the Gophers scheduled for the 7th.

http://fringebowlteamblog.com/?p=2795

He'd be a HUGE get.
I think he could compete right away for playing time in Kill's HB/WR slot role running fly sweeps and even possibly returning kicks/punts now that Allen is gone.
As MV pointed out in one of his podcasts, Sankey is almost a clone of Kill's RB this year Spann, short powerful with elite change of direction skill and good speed.
Reel in the big fish!

It would be nice to see Kill reel in at least one big fish. The recruiting class looks pretty solid so far, but one or two upper echelon players (no disrespect intended to those already committed), would be real sweet.

I'd rather not turn this into a brew bashing thread but Brew was never able to get a 'top' running back recruit into school. It would be great if Kill's first kill shot was Sankey.

It would be awesome to get "His Excellency" to Minnesota.

Ha. Awesome.

If we get this kid to sign here, I already have my opening-game outfit for next year figured out: a maroon-and-gold mockup of the Metallica Kill 'Em All album for a t-shirt, replete with a maroon Pope hat festooned with a gold block M. Maybe some maroon-and-gold robes if I'm feeling saucy.

It's called a mitre.

I wholeheartedly endorse your plan. A Michigan St fan wore the whole regalia, in Spartan colors with a giant S, last year at TCF. He made a grand entrance with all the affectations in the upper deck. All he needed was a college of cardinals to follow him.

Dpoll if you're dressing up as a Bishop you really should have a crosier too, preferably with Goldy's head on top of the staff.

Has anyone heard any rumblings regarding Bishop Shankey's in-home visit, which was supposed to be today? How did it go? When is he expected to make his decision? His joining "the cause" would be a giant leap!

Has anybody heard anything this week about Sankey, the home visit, decision process, etc?

Thanks

I heard the visit went well. Sankey really likes Hammock. Lets hope that that relationship is so strong he can look past a coaching change and what was probably an ackward visit (came right after Brew left, weren't even taking visitors but the school decided to let him come because his ticket had been purchased).

It is down to us, Washington and Wash St and we'll probably know sometime close to signing day. I think we beat out Wash St., but Washington scares me some. Sark can sell with the best of them (I think they already have 4-5 4*'s) and for some reason I just think he is going to reel him in when he goes and does an OV the last weekend in Jan. Who knows, hopefully I'm wrong.

And Washington only has one RB currently committed in this year's class and that kid isn't nearly as well regarded as Sankey. Thus, my guess would be that Sankey is their top RB target and will get the full-court press on his visit.

rivals said he has a soft verbal with washington state. Did he move away from that?

I find it curious the schools rivals lists as high for him, most of those have not made a scholarship offer. Maybe he is waiting to see if one of them is going to offer?

rivals said he has a soft verbal with washington state. Did he move away from that?

he still considers himself that but he clearly is very open to switching and I would be very surprised if he did end up going to Wash. St, I am guessing their horrible season had some sort of affect on his decision

Thanks for the update. We could really use him, I think. Maybe Kirkwood turns out great, but can always use another really good running back.

I find it curious the schools rivals lists as high for him, most of those have not made a scholarship offer. Maybe he is waiting to see if one of them is going to offer?
Right now, Rivals shows him "High" on Maryland, Minnesota, Washington with a soft verbal to WSU.

He would be a force in our system. Let's get those fingers crossed gentlemen.

Does anyone have any new information on this kid as far as his recruiting situation? I would love to see him sign with us on signing day!

I wouldn't get your hopes up. Unless he's really itching to leave the home state, I can't see how he'd say no to Washington. They have a very bright future where our's is more in doubt...

I wouldn't get your hopes up. Unless he's really itching to leave the home state, I can't see how he'd say no to Washington. They have a very bright future where our's is more in doubt...

The whole future thing is debatable, and is only a fraction of the puzzle anyways. He wouldn't be a wsu verbal anymore if it was overly important. There are so many factors involved, people try to simplify things too much in recruiting. It's not all about prestige and location of the school.

Bishop Sankey has switched his commitment from Washington St. to The University of Washington. Seems pretty solid at this point in the game.

"Sankey finally makes switch

The tweet from Washington coach Steve Sarkisian, like many others from Sarkisian, could have had a hidden message attached.

"Woof, woof, woof!!!"

The timing was maybe a coincidence, maybe not, as Washington received a commitment from four-star running back Bishop Sankey, a former Washington State pledge, the same night as Sarkisian's Twitter message this week.

"I prayed about it and talked it over with my family countless times and what stood out to me was the academics and how UW gives tons of support to their athletes," Sankey said."

It is the second article down.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1181617

Top Bottom