Big10 Discussion about Basketball Recruiting

The-Real-Truth

Reaction score
It was great to see Coach Felton last night on Big10 Network. The discussion was about college basketball recruiting. It was conducted by PSU President. So many topics were covered but I wonder if any of the new NCAA rules will actually be capitalized.

According to NCAA Vice President, one of the Rules will be that anybody who has been associated with a recruit can not be offered a job by that university 2 years before and after that player is recruited by that university. This will keep AAU coaches away but how about player’s agents that Coach Felton was talking about? When will NCAA be able to stop that kind of practice? Coach Felton said that these people have so much influence on these players from elementry school. They even turned them against their coaches if they play them in lets say 3 instead of 4 position. He summarized it very well. He said that in today’s world, it is not important for the players and their investors how they get to NBA, it is important how fast they get there.

Denis Felton coached UGA for a few years. He is one of my all time favorite coaches. I am really glad that he is starting/joining some movement here. We need to have the college basketball back. It is becoming like NBA more and more everyday. I watched the game between Suns and Magic last night for a few minutes. I was bored to death.

Top Bottom