BIG West….its complicated

The drop for for an INT by Brown Stephens was the turning point play in the season, IMO.
Absolutely. This play cost us that game imo. He catches that and there's a high probability we win that game. And if we can won that game, we would control our own destiny right now assuming IL loses to MI

I said it in another thread, but I've been a MN fan long enough to predict that the stars will align to give MN a chance at the title on the last weekend only for some heartbreaking circumstance to slam it shut. Book it, lol.
This was Nebraska blowing a 17-point 4th quarter lead to Iowa last year.

It's really not complicated at all. If Illinois doesn't lose 2 of last 3, they win division.
Yeah. But if they lose to Purdue and fail to upset top 5 Michigan up to 6 different teams could still mathematically win the division with 3 to play

Yeah. But if they lose to Purdue and fail to upset top 5 Michigan up to 6 different teams could still mathematically win the division with 3 to play
I'm hoping it turns out that way. Would be fun to watch.

Technically Northwestern could still win the West. Copied from Reddit:

The scenario:

• Northwestern must win out (@ Minnesota, @ Purdue, vs Illinois)
  • Illinois must lose out (vs Purdue, @ Michigan, @ Northwestern)
  • Nebraska must defeat Wisconsin and Iowa; and they must lose to Michigan.
  • Purdue must lose to Indiana.
  • Minnesota/Iowa/Wisconsin must go 1-1 against each other.
This makes everyone tied for first at 4-5. The first tiebreaker is best division record, which would be Illinois and Northwestern at 4-2. Northwestern would then go to the championship due to the head-to-head win over Illinois.

Absolutely. This play cost us that game imo. He catches that and there's a high probability we win that game. And if we can won that game, we would control our own destiny right now assuming IL loses to MI
He's been a disease all season. But yea - that play really stands out.

The Gophers must take care of business and win out. They can't control all the other outcomes.

Top Bottom