Big Thanks to Jay Thomas!

LaXGopher

Reaction score
Saturday I took my four-year old son to the game. A big thanks goes out to Jay Thomas and family for giving out the jerseys, that definitely was a highlight of his day, but that was not the extent of Jay Thomas's giving. When the few players (Campbell, Thomas, etc.) walked around the stadium shaking hands and the end of the game, Jay Thomas stopped and gave his game gloves to my son. I cannot thank him enough for making our day extra special.

On the way home, he told me that Jay Thomas is kinda like a gopher Santa Clause, giving nice things to kids! We have football practice every night complete with practice jersey and gloves. He said he wants to be a gopher just like Jay Thomas!

GO GOPHERS!! BEAT IOWA!!!

thanks for sharing. A nice story about a gopher senior. Jay has had countless injuries but has always represented the U well and he will be missed next year!

Jay will be missed, and he'll be one of the guys I tell my kids fondly about some day. The guy gave his knees for the program, and he and his family really reached out to kids the past few years. It's something hopefully more players and families will do in the future.

He seems like a class act all the way around. I wish he had stayed healthy.

Top Bottom