Big Ten Wins - Over/Under 4.5 ?

Will the Gopher Men's Basketball Team Win More or Less Big Ten Conference Games Than 4.5?

• 3 or less Wins

Votes: 14 15.1%
  • 4 Wins

Votes: 22 23.7%
  • 5 Wins

Votes: 10 10.8%
  • 6 Wins

Votes: 14 15.1%
  • 7 Wins or greater

Votes: 33 35.5%

• Total voters

60's Guy

Reaction score
Roster was published recently. With this info on June 9th...checkin' the pulse
Not quite the complete first day's votes totaling 43... 60% say over and 40% say under- round #s
You are putting pressure on Ben to deliver :) - so far
65 Votes - 62% think we will win 5 or more games...6/12/23 4:00
76 Votes - 62% think we will win 5 or more games...6/14/23 2:00
80 Votes - 61% think we will win 5 or more games...7/1/23

Last edited:

6 here as well.

4.5 is a solid number.

Hoping we play Penn State right out of the chute in one of the two December Big Ten games. Let’s get an immediate idea how we look compared to the other expected bottom-barrel team.

6 here as well.

4.5 is a solid number.

Hoping we play Penn State right out of the chute in one of the two December Big Ten games. Let’s get an immediate idea how we look compared to the other expected bottom-barrel team.
and beat them before the gel into a team. Right now they are a collection.

I got us for 4. Plus that would put Ben’s 3 year total at 10. The celebration could be epic.

I set my # in another thread prior so I'll stay with that. 7 +/- 2. Leaning towards the minus. Thinking we will squeze out 5 at a min. If for some reason no one got hurt, some luck happened and our players all played to their potential we could possibly get to 9. I will literally send a grand to the charity of Ben's choice if they somehow win 10 (conference games of course-not total games). Winning 10 BIG games would put them solidly not playing on weakling Wednesday. I will be a bit surprised in they ony win four or less but not shocked.

Stay healthy and 7 or more wins. Injuries pile up who knows.

Lunardi's Field of 68 6/6/23 Seed numbers
Purdue 1
Mich St 1
Ill 5
Wisc 7
Maryland 9
NW 9
Ind 10
Rutgers 11
So, that's 8 in and in his next outs are Ohio St and Iowa

Means he's sleeping on Nebraska, Penn St, Michigan and Minnesota
I'm thinking Nebraska and Ohio State are in. Iowa drops to bottom 4 for me.
Don't know how it happens...most likely Rutgers drops out and we got 9 Big Ten teams in.
60% see us with 5 or more wins...who we beating?

Last edited:

Most likely path to hit the over. Win 5 of these 7:

Iowa
@ Michigan
Nebraska
Northwestern
Penn State
@ Penn State
Rutgers

NO - Iowa
Maybe - @ Michigan
Yes - Nebraska
No - Northwestern
No - Penn State
No - @ Penn State
Yes - Rutgers

I get 2.5 out of that

Most likely path to hit the over. Win 5 of these 7:

Iowa
@ Michigan
Nebraska
Northwestern
Penn State
@ Penn State
Rutgers
I'd throw Wisconsin in there...they don't run away from too many people. AND, we will likely have a Brandon Johnson night from somebody versus somebody we don't expect to play with.
Brandon vs Iowa
So I can get it up to 5 outta 10 but....how good are those odds?

NO - Iowa
Maybe - @ Michigan
Yes - Nebraska
No - Northwestern
No - Penn State
No - @ Penn State
Yes - Rutgers

I get 2.5 out of that
We could sweep, we could get 2.5 or we could lose them all....let's hope it's fun.
I, like you, have trouble getting to 5.

I set my # in another thread prior so I'll stay with that. 7 +/- 2. Leaning towards the minus. Thinking we will squeze out 5 at a min. If for some reason no one got hurt, some luck happened and our players all played to their potential we could possibly get to 9. I will literally send a grand to the charity of Ben's choice if they somehow win 10 (conference games of course-not total games). Winning 10 BIG games would put them solidly not playing on weakling Wednesday. I will be a bit surprised in they ony win four or less but not shocked.
I am taking a leap and declaring that the $1,000 charity is Gophers men’s Basketball NIL fund.

I have not a clue but did put in 5 wins for the Gophers.
Michigan might be better than most are predicting. A lot is being made of Michigan losing Hunter Dickinson and two players projected to be first round draft picks. On paper that team should have been among the top 3 or 4 teams in the league. In reality they were thoroughly mediocre. I don't care what they should have been. Don't compare that team on paper to this year's team. Their reality was not very good.
I am really looking forward to the battle between Michigan's Tarris Reed and Payne under the basket. Both show surprising athleticism for their size and had similar Freshman seasons: play time limited by foul trouble, flashes of exceptional play that bode well for the future.
Michigan also has some decent transfers coming in and a sophomore player from Lebanon who was injured almost all of last year. Youseff Khayat is 6' 9" , a decent outside shot and knows how to play defense, something that seems to get far more emphasis with overseas teams and players than their Amercan counterparts.

Iowa no, Michigan are kidding, Penn State out their no, that just leaves 4 - exactly my selection.

I am taking a leap and declaring that the $1,000 charity is Gophers men’s Basketball NIL fund.
I'll take your deal. IF the Gophers men's basketball team win 10 games in the regular season conference play I will gladly donate $1000 to a gopher's NIL fund. IF they win less than 10 you will do what? Put some skin in the game sir.

We could sweep, we could get 2.5 or we could lose them all....let's hope it's fun.
I, like you, have trouble getting to 5.
When losing is more likely than winning it is never fun. Surprising, maybe, but fun? Not unless you are a masochist and even then there are limits.

4.... I really wish I could see more... But I don't.. I think 3 or less will be where we are at again. Hope like all hell I'm wrong.

There is a chance this staff knows the score and each is working an exit strategy. No wager worth making here.

The disaster scenario is a number under whatever it takes to make the NCAA tournament that gets cited as "impovement" so there is a fourth year that almost certainly won't result in an NCAA tourament and end Ben's tenure. Then we've wasted 2 years when Ben easily could have been fired after this year. For context, Ben needs nine Big Ten wins this year just to tie Todd Lickliter for wins through 3 seasons (when Lickliter was fired). Ben would still have a significantly worse Big Ten winning percentage than Lickliter if he gets to those 9 wins this year as Lickliter accomplished his 15 wins in the era of 18 games meaning Ben will have had 5 more games (MSU cancelled last year) to get his 15 wins.

I hope people can keep in perspective how bad 7-13 is. It's winning 35% of your conference games and going like 5-5 at home and 2-8 on the road. That's not a sign of anything positive in the 3rd year of a coach who has shown nothing to this point. It's just another sign to move on.

I'll take your deal. IF the Gophers men's basketball team win 10 games in the regular season conference play I will gladly donate $1000 to a gopher's NIL fund. IF they win less than 10 you will do what? Put some skin in the game sir.
Just remember the IRS just said that $1,000 is not deductible....

Top Bottom