Big Ten West teams are mild, but division race could be wild

You could argue that neither have we and the only one we did, we lost to. Look past them or think it is easy, that is up to you. They beat us last year and didn't give up much at all to our offense, especially on the ground. I will stand by my statement that they will be a tough out for everyone they play with that defense and running game.

Minnesota:
Beat an FCS team
Beat a 0-5 NMST team
Beat a 0-5 Colorado team
Beat a 1-3 MSU team
What does that have to do with anything I have said?

You called Illinois a mediocre team. Mediocre teams don't have good seasons. Illinois just crushed Wisconsin, the jury is out whether they are a mediocre team or a good one.
On the contrary. A mediocre Iowa team won the west last year and a mediocre Minnesota team won 9 games.

Mediocre teams have great seasons in college football all the time.

This is a standard homer perspective. Your losses never have anything to do with the performance of your opponent (unless, maybe, that opponent is very elite team that you expected to defeat you). Losses are only attributable to your own mistakes and poor play. Homers don't really watch the opponent so they don't notice what the opponent did well.
You are really hung up on this idea that somehow saying we played poorly is taking away all credit from Purdue.

The simple fact of the matter is that the Gophers played poorly on Saturday and lost. Purdue contributed to the poor play by playing well on both sides of the ball and taking the offense out of its comfort zone but the Gophers made a lot of unforced errors as well.

The 3 biggest:
1.Missed 28 yard field goal
2.Dropped TD pass that led to an INT in the Endzone
3.On the ensuing drive we stopped Purdue on 3rd down at around their 25 yard line but instead of getting the ball back with about 1:30 on the clock Oliver gets flagged for a late hit (totally unnecessary) that extends the drive and kills the rest of the half.
HM - totally unnecessary holding away from the play on the long KO return but game was pretty much over anyway when that happened.

Those are 3 massive unforced errors that had a huge impact on the way the game played out and had little to nothing to do with Purdue. Purdue played well but that was an extremely winnable game if we don't shoot ourselves in the foot over and over again with uncharacteristic mistakes.

You are really hung up on this idea that somehow saying we played poorly is taking away all credit from Purdue.

The simple fact of the matter is that the Gophers played poorly on Saturday and lost. Purdue contributed to the poor play by playing well on both sides of the ball and taking the offense out of its comfort zone but the Gophers made a lot of unforced errors as well.

The 3 biggest:
1.Missed 28 yard field goal
2.Dropped TD pass that led to an INT in the Endzone
3.On the ensuing drive we stopped Purdue on 3rd down at around their 25 yard line but instead of getting the ball back with about 1:30 on the clock Oliver gets flagged for a late hit (totally unnecessary) that extends the drive and kills the rest of the half.
HM - totally unnecessary holding away from the play on the long KO return but game was pretty much over anyway when that happened.

Those are 3 massive unforced errors that had a huge impact on the way the game played out and had little to nothing to do with Purdue. Purdue played well but that was an extremely winnable game if we don't shoot ourselves in the foot over and over again with uncharacteristic mistakes.
And still, it was only 13-10. Then they hit that huge run late in the 4th, and went on to score making it 20-10 and basically sealed it. Even then, if we could've scored quick you never know. But Tanner made probably his worst pass all day and then it really was sealed.

Regardless of where teams in the west end up I think the bowl game opponents should look out. My two cents is that with the exception of Nebraska and Wisconsin the west is being underrated and will dominate bowl game opponents.

Assuming the dinks who set the bowl matchups don't shuffle up the standings in order to give undeserving teams better games.

On the contrary. A mediocre Iowa team won the west last year and a mediocre Minnesota team won 9 games.

Mediocre teams have great seasons in college football all the time.

"Mediocre" means "average" or "barely adequate," or "middling."

The average winning percentage of FBS teams is likely a bit above .500 (because of playing FCS teams and winning the majority of those games). Minnesota won 69% of its games last season and Iowa won 71%. Those are not mediocre numbers.

You're entitled to your opinion but you're not entitled to change the meanings of words.

"Mediocre" means "average" or "barely adequate," or "middling."

The average winning percentage of FBS teams is likely a bit above .500 (because of playing FCS teams and winning the majority of those games). Minnesota won 69% of its games last season and Iowa won 71%. Those are not mediocre numbers.

You're entitled to your opinion but you're not entitled to change the meanings of words.
And you’re entitled to get defensive like a middle schooler

You gonna be okay if I call Illinois mediocre?

And you’re entitled to get defensive like a middle schooler

You gonna be okay if I call Illinois mediocre?

I'm entitled to react appropriately to a smug asshole who isn't nearly as bright as he fancies himself.

I'm entitled to react appropriately to a smug asshole who isn't nearly as bright as he fancies himself.
Why are you so angry?
If this is “appropriately” the middle schooler accusation was spot on

Top Bottom