Big Ten West after week 7

Crazy that Fleck is 5-1 vs Purdue and 0-5 vs Iowa. Brohm is 5-1 vs Iowa.
Maybe Iowa’s year-to-year defensive strategy is more vulnerable to relentless aerial bombardment than to relentless cavalry charges? No one in the B1G throws more than Purdue.

Maybe Iowa’s year-to-year defensive strategy is more vulnerable to relentless aerial bombardment than to relentless cavalry charges? No one in the B1G throws more than Purdue.
Yeah….BUT

did you watch the Iowa Indiana/Maryland game

It IS more vulnerable to the pass…but if you pass you might get your butt kicked

Yeah….BUT

It IS more vulnerable to the pass…but if you pass you might get your butt kicked
Yeah, Iowa had an insane 16 INTs over their first 6 games. And many of those picks led to points or really short fields for the offense.

Purdue showed you can throw on them but you have to have an accurate QB who makes good decisions. That actually bodes really well for us assuming that we will see more of the first half offense from Saturday.

I don't think Iowa is done being a factor in the West. The only thing that changed is that now teams have seen a formula that works really well against them. And they don't seem nearly as invincible as they did.

I think one of the more shocking aspects of the game against Purdue is that it happened in Iowa City. Iowa loses home games but it is pretty rare to see them get blown out at home.

Crazy that Fleck is 5-1 vs Purdue and 0-5 vs Iowa. Brohm is 5-1 vs Iowa.
With 2020 being the absolute bottom of the barrel, I hope. Should have been a 0-35 loss, and just an embarrassment.

At this moment I could see anyone not named Illinois or Nebraska winning the West. Heck, even Northwestern still technically has a shot of coming out on top and they have underperformed early in the past before turning it on later in the season.

Next few weeks will be very interesting. If we can come out of this 3 game stretch of super winnable game at 5-1 in the BIG we will be in a great position to win it over the final 3 weeks.
Bolded: well, they go to Michigan this weekend. If they win that, I'll take them seriously. But I doubt it.

Bolded: well, they go to Michigan this weekend. If they win that, I'll take them seriously. But I doubt it.
Yeah, I will be shocked beyond belief if Northwestern is somehow a factor this season given how bad they have looked. Just pointing out that they are still technically in it. Realistically they are done and the only teams with an true shot of winning the West are Minnesota, Iowa, Purdue, and Wisconsin.

Yeah, I will be shocked beyond belief if Northwestern is somehow a factor this season given how bad they have looked. Just pointing out that they are still technically in it. Realistically they are done and the only teams with an true shot of winning the West are Minnesota, Iowa, Purdue, and Wisconsin.
Like in 2019, they don't have a QB. Not sure how the rest of their team compares to the talent of that team at non-QB positions. I know they lost a good RB early this year too.

Crazy how they yo-yo: 2018 and 2020 they go to Indy from the West, while 2019 and looks like 2021 they're down.

Like in 2019, they don't have a QB. Not sure how the rest of their team compares to the talent of that team at non-QB positions. I know they lost a good RB early this year too.

Crazy how they yo-yo: 2018 and 2020 they go to Indy from the West, while 2019 and looks like 2021 they're down.
their defense is worst I've seen in a long time as well

Yeah, Iowa had an insane 16 INTs over their first 6 games. And many of those picks led to points or really short fields for the offense.

Purdue showed you can throw on them but you have to have an accurate QB who makes good decisions. That actually bodes really well for us assuming that we will see more of the first half offense from Saturday.

I don't think Iowa is done being a factor in the West. The only thing that changed is that now teams have seen a formula that works really well against them. And they don't seem nearly as invincible as they did.

I think one of the more shocking aspects of the game against Purdue is that it happened in Iowa City. Iowa loses home games but it is pretty rare to see them get blown out at home.
And this is the crux of the matter. Tanner can't have one bad pass against an Iowa defense. However, in pretty much every game this year we have seen terribly thrown balls, underthrown balls, and whatever balls those were at the end of the Bowling Green game. Tanner Morgan needs to be perfect against Iowa.

And this is the crux of the matter. Tanner can't have one bad pass against an Iowa defense. However, in pretty much every game this year we have seen terribly thrown balls, underthrown balls, and whatever balls those were at the end of the Bowling Green game. Tanner Morgan needs to be perfect against Iowa.
Then they need to limit the passing to 15 air yards or less.

Just the fact of the matter. He can be deadly in that range.

Tanner has made some bad throws but watch these 6 picks Iowa had against Maryland. Tanner is very unlikely to make many throws as bad as the ones from the Maryland QB. On a side note I hope he floats some of those out there for our defense on Saturday.

HA!!!!

The analyst going "ughhhh ... that's terrible" as soon as he releases the ball.

I mean, when you're down 24-7 ... 34-7 ... you try to do too much and you're desperate.

2 more wins to get to @GopherGangsta prediction of 6-6

we can do it
I'm getting kind of worried about GopherGangsta and Boomtime....they are no where to be found right now....hope they are ok and not too depressed about the win on Saturday.

Gophers just need to keep taking care of business. Part of that is eliminating turnovers.

Yeah….BUT

add the work "accurate" to passing and you can beat Iowa.

2 more wins to get to @GopherGangsta prediction of 6-6

we can do it
Meanwhile my season props are looking better every week (oh, good for me lol)
Nebraska under 6.5 wins
MN over 7.5 wins
MN wins the West
MN wins the B1G (<--not likely, but still possible!)

Tanner has made some bad throws but watch these 6 picks Iowa had against Maryland. Tanner is very unlikely to make many throws as bad as the ones from the Maryland QB. On a side note I hope he floats some of those out there for our defense on Saturday.

I didn't see that game the first time. That's pretty bad - basically soft tossing into triple coverage over and over.

Meanwhile my season props are looking better every week (oh, good for me lol)
Nebraska under 6.5 wins
MN over 7.5 wins
MN wins the West
MN wins the B1G (<--not likely, but still possible!)

Here's something to keep in mind: Before they play the Gophers, Iowa and Wisconsin have to play each other. October 30, Camp Randall, 11:00 kickoff.

Top Bottom