Big Ten Tourney site question

MinneNoVA

Reaction score
The 2009 tournament was the second year of a five year commitment at Conseco FH. Are there any plans to have the B10/11 Tournament played in venues other than Chicago or Indianapolis? Said differently, are there any plans to have the tournament played in Minneapolis/St. Paul? While Chicago and Indianapolis may be more "centrally" located or "more neutral" (yeah, right...), those sites sure offer easier travel for other schools' fans...

The 2009 Tourney just finished the second of what is a FIVE-YEAR deal with Indianapolis. So, the 2010, 2011, and 2012 tourneys are also in Indy. After that, I suppose it is up for bid again.

If we had to pick just one location, I'd vote for Chicago. It's actually centrally located and not a bad drive from the Twin Cities and usually a very cheap flight if you don't want to drive. You could even have a fun group train ride there.

ford field would be lame. I hate basketball in domes when it isnt the final four. it looks stupid to have thousands of empty seats. I think the "X" would be a great venue.

The 2009 tournament was the second year of a five year commitment at Conseco FH. Are there any plans to have the B10/11 Tournament played in venues other than Chicago or Indianapolis? Said differently, are there any plans to have the tournament played in Minneapolis/St. Paul? While Chicago and Indianapolis may be more "centrally" located or "more neutral" (yeah, right...), those sites sure offer easier travel for other schools' fans...

I wondered the same thing many times. I'd like to see it rotate, so to speak: The #1 seed in the Big Ten gets to host the Tourney. Now wouldn't that be awesome (and totally fair/deserved).

Personally, I think conference tourneys are a load of crap. The best team doesn't often win, doesn't need to win, nor does any team not on the bubble. So really, while they all try hard to win the game, usually there isn't much of a sense of urgency. The conference seasons should be round-robins, and end it. Make the season two games longer so that this can be accomplished. *Easy button*

Top Bottom