Big Ten Tournament 2021-Other Games

Jonathan Tsipis' Badger squad scored 2 in the first quarter and only trail the Illini 24-2.

The Illini scorched the bucket for 8 points in the 2nd quarter and now lead 32-12 at the half.

38-8 Northwestern over the Illini at the half. 15 turnovers for Illinois and 3 for the 'Cats.

IL. is brutal right now and not hearing they are missing key players.

Late run by Sparty opens up a 56-54 lead over PSU at the end of three. The Lady Lions are 10-23 from beyond the arc. Terrific game thus far.

MSU finally put the Lady Lions away 75-66. Probably assures Sparty an NCAA spot.

I do like what coach Kieger is doing at PSU, I think they will be a contender sooner than later.

Iowa, 3-22 from three, relied on Czinano's 38 points (16-18 from the floor) to eliminate Purdue 83-72. Clark with 27 points and 9 assists.

Huskers hanging with the Terps; it's 38-34 Maryland at the half with this Haiby 40 foot toss-in aiding the Nebraska cause.

57-54 Terps headed into the 4th. Nebraska 9-17 from three.

Haiby opens the fourth quarter with back to back threes giving the Huskers a 60-57 lead. T. O. Terps

Terps prevail 83-73. Owusu took over late in the quarter with 13 points. Owusu had 22 points, 9 rebounds and 8 assists for the game. And her foul drawing drives caused Amy Williams to go ballistic on the sidelines.

Nice to see NB being competitive against MD. I would like anybody else to win the tournament.

hell of a game by Nebraska!! Sam tried to do it and just seemed to run out of gas in the the 4th quarter.. I know Izzy had 13 but kind of needed more out of her and Cain who only had 8..

but man that was a FUN game, really thought that was going to be a HUGE BLOW OUT.

Tied 30-30 at the half, Northwestern ran away from the Wolverines for a 65-47 victory. Veronica Burton with 25 points, 13 rebounds and 6 assists for the 'Cats.

Tied 30-30 at the half, Northwestern ran away from the Wolverines for a 65-47 victory. Veronica Burton with 25 points, 13 rebounds and 6 assists for the 'Cats.

Burton might be the best OVERALL guard in the conference.. yes I know there is Clark.. but Burton does everything for Northwestern and is not talked about enough

Michigan needs to figure out their 3 point shooting for next year, 1-15 or 1-16 today..

Burton might be the best OVERALL guard in the conference.. yes I know there is Clark.. but Burton does everything for Northwestern and is not talked about enough

Michigan needs to figure out their 3 point shooting for next year, 1-15 or 1-16 today..

Yes the Wolverines need help from three. Michigan (.269) and Northwestern (.265) were the two worst three point percentage shooters in the B1G. I thought Leigha Brown would help the Wolverines this season. Brown shot .348 which helped; but she missed several conference games and never really got back to peak form.

Burton maybe the best overall guard although Owusu would have something to say about that.

Nia Clouden 27 points in the second half (30 for the game) upsets Indiana 69-61.

In an amped up game of collision ball the Hawkeyes lead Rutgers 18-9 at the end of the first quarter. There is blood.

39-25 Iowa at the half. Gabby Marshall with 22 points (6-8 from three) for the Hawks. Diamond Johnson is keeping Rutgers in the game with 15 points (3-7 from three). The intensity continues.

Excellent win for the Hawkeyes 73-62 over Rutgers. Clark with 21 points and 10 assists. The Clark/Czinano connection was working tonight. Czinano finished with 20 points and Marshall with 27. The Hawkeyes ball handlers had minimal problems with the Rutgers press.

Now that’s a good tournament, I love lower seeds beating higher seeded teams except when it involves the Gophers. Now if we can just get someone to knock off Maryland. Don’t get me wrong will root for the BIG teams in the NCAA’s.

Iowa took out a feisty, shorthanded Michigan State 87-72. Czinano with 27 points and Clark with 20 points and 11 assists. Clouden continued her good play with 24 points for Sparty.

It's Iowa and ....Maryland in the final.

Iowa took out a feisty, shorthanded Michigan State 87-72. Czinano with 27 points and Clark with 20 points and 11 assists. Clouden continued her good play with 24 points for Sparty.

It's Iowa and ....Maryland in the final.
ok not the 2 teams I wanted to see in the final. This could be the finals for the next couple of years. Still if I have to pick a team...Go Hawks!

ok not the 2 teams I wanted to see in the final. This could be the finals for the next couple of years. Still if I have to pick a team...Go Hawks!
Czinano shooting an astounding 66% for the year.

Fortunately, you don't have to pick a team. :) Just can't get myself to support a border rival.

Really like how Iowa has "coached up" Czinano. They do a great job of teaching their posts to get position under the basketball and then when they get the ball, there's no hesitation in putting the shot up. Whoever coaches the bigs there has done a terrific job with Gustafson and now Czinano. And it's obvious that both of those players worked hard to elevate their games. I'll be cheering for the Hawks, but I don't give them much of a chance against the Terps. These two teams could be very good for the years to come, unless players leave the program. (Maryland's Freese seems to lose a key player or two every year, but she's such a great recruiter that she always seems to replace the players she loses.) Looking forward to the years when our Gophers can compete against those elite teams.

Welp, the Iowa/Maryland game didn't end up being much of a game. But one thing is obvious, Iowa brings everyone back and that Clark girl is as good as advertised.

Top Bottom