Michigan State playing Gonzaga on the USS Abraham Lincoln in San Diego
Austin Peay @ Purdue
Stanford @ wisconsin in Milwaukee
Northern Illinois @ Northwestern
North Carolina A&T @ Iowa
Eastern Michigan @ Michigan
Kansas City @ Illinois
St Francis Brooklyn @ Gophers

Know it's a small sample size with only 2 games under his belt, but dang, Dainja of Illinois is scary.
39 minutes total
37 points on 17 for 20
25 rebounds
7 blocks
3 personal fouls

Know it's a small sample size with only 2 games under his belt, but dang, Dainja of Illinois is scary.
39 minutes total
37 points on 17 for 20
25 rebounds
7 blocks
3 personal fouls
Probably will help seeing him against bigger competition, but those are great numbers. Why did he abandon Baylor?

Probably will help seeing him against bigger competition, but those are great numbers. Why did he abandon Baylor?
Purely speculation on my part, but logged only 9 minutes in Baylor's first 3 games last year, which were all blowout wins. Won by 27, 29 and 45 points. 3 minutes in the 45 point victory probably sealed it.
If Payne put those numbers up in two games we would be acting as if he were the next coming of Moses Malone, or at least I would. (I know, Moses didn't play college basketball.)
Maybe someone with some insight on here knows?

Last edited:

Wisconsin beats Stanford by 10. Wahl with like 16. Same ol Badgers. Davidson seems to have worn off on everyone of them because they cry and complain about every foul call…..

Wisconsin beats Stanford by 10. Wahl with like 16. Same ol Badgers. Davidson seems to have worn off on everyone of them because they cry and complain about every foul call…..
That’s a well established history through two generations of coaches. It’s not going away any time soon.

Purely speculation on my part, but logged only 9 minutes in Baylor's first 3 games last year, which were all blowout wins. Won by 27, 29 and 45 points. 3 minutes in the 45 point victory probably sealed it.
If Payne put those numbers up in two games we would be acting as if he were the next coming of Moses Malone, or at least I would. (I know, Moses didn't play college basketball.)
Maybe someone with some insight on here knows?
Perhaps a fit or culture issue with the program at Baylor. Perhaps he had no interest in us, but there appeared to be no attempt to invite him back home by current staff last spring. Looks like Kofi II at Illinois.

Perhaps a fit or culture issue with the program at Baylor. Perhaps he had no interest in us, but there appeared to be no attempt to invite him back home by current staff last spring. Looks like Kofi II at Illinois.
Isn’t he from the Chicago area or have family there? I remember him posting “I’m coming home” or something like that when he announced his transfer.

Isn’t he from the Chicago area or have family there? I remember him posting “I’m coming home” or something like that when he announced his transfer.
Yeah I think I heard his dad played for Minnesota, but he was from Chicago.

Top Bottom