Big ten season falling apart

Some guy

Reaction score
Michigan governor orders a lot of stuff closed today.
Including all non professional sports.

I would assume that means Michigan and Michigan state football.

If they don’t reopen by dec 5 Ohio state loses to games and is ineligible. I have a hard time beleiving Michigan starts practice on December 9 and plays on the 12th. Current order expires on the 9th.

I may be reading the Michigan order wrong

If they don’t reopen by dec 5 Ohio state loses to games and is ineligible. I have a hard time beleiving Michigan starts practice on December 9 and plays on the 12th. Current order expires on the 9th.

The way college football in Michigan is going she's set to be America's most popular governor

It also seems to exclude college football from restriction. From the text:

"Professional and college sports meeting extraordinary standards for risk mitigation may continue without spectators, however all other organized sports must stop. Colleges and high schools may proceed with remote learning, but must end in-person classes."

The way college football in Michigan is going she's set to be America's most popular governor

It also seems to exclude college football from restriction. From the text:

"Professional and college sports meeting extraordinary standards for risk mitigation may continue without spectators, however all other organized sports must stop. Colleges and high schools may proceed with remote learning, but must end in-person classes."
I haven’t parsed the full texts. But doesn’t the fact that every big ten team basically has lost people to Covid indicate there isn’t extraordinary standards or risk mitigation?

Mich and MSU are fine. B1G COVID protocol is sufficient for them to continue.

I haven’t parsed the full texts. But doesn’t the fact that every big ten team basically has lost people to Covid indicate there isn’t extraordinary standards or risk mitigation?

My guess is Big Ten protocol counts. It's easier for a Big Ten football player to get a Covid test than it is for an ER doc in many places.

UNM is housing its football team in a Las Vegas hotel to the tune of $70,000 / week so they can continue to play because of the state restrictions.

Last edited:

You're reading it wrong.

Top Bottom