Big Ten School Flags

GopherTwin

Reaction score
I would like to see them wait to hoist the Big Ten school flag until they have played a game at the brickhouse. Their flag could be raised at the time that the Marching Band plays their school song. I realize that for Michigan and Indiana, that would take a few more years then the rest of the schools. I do not why, but I think that this would be a nice touch.

What does everyone think about waiting until the team has played in the brickhouse before their school flag is hoisted high above the brickhouse?

I think that teams should only have their flags flown over TCF while they are
playing there, and that they should be flown upside down as a sign that they
are in distress. Period.:D

That is a tough one for me. I love signs of solidarity with one's conference and it is a real bummer Michigan and Indiana would have to wait that long. But, I also think overall this idea is a classy one and it would be fun to see those flags go up one by one, week after week. Count me on the fence for that idea.

I thought someone said in a previous thread that there may be a plan in place to fly the flag of the current game's opponent on the center pole under the Gopher flag. If there is a plan to "honor" the visitors like that then I'd pass on this option (neat idea though!). :)

I vaguely remember someone mentioning something about flying the flag of the current game's opponent on the center pole under the Gopher flag. However, there are 11 flag poles on the visitor side with the middle one being higher than the others. I assume that the higher pole would be for the Gophers. I don't think that they would move the current opponent's flag to be placed under the Gopher's flag.

I just thought that it would be kind of like an earned right to have your flag flown at the stadium, if the flag was not flown until the first day the team plays in the brickhouse.

While this is a good concept, it would look really odd to have ten empty flagpoles, then nine empty flagpoles, then eight etc and not have all of them full for 4 years.

I'd like to see all 11 flags up all year around. It shows pride in the Big Ten and will add a real college atmosphere to the top of the visitor's side.

In fact, when I saw this thread title I was hoping it was to report that the flags had been put up. I'd like to see all of them up tomorrow even!

While this is a good concept, it would look really odd to have ten empty flagpoles, then nine empty flagpoles, then eight etc and not have all of them full for 4 years.

I'd like to see all 11 flags up all year around. It shows pride in the Big Ten and will add a real college atmosphere to the top of the visitor's side.

In fact, when I saw this thread title I was hoping it was to report that the flags had been put up. I'd like to see all of them up tomorrow even!

I completely agree. I was hoping there would be a picture with all of the flags already flying.

I vaguely remember someone mentioning something about flying the flag of the current game's opponent on the center pole under the Gopher flag. However, there are 11 flag poles on the visitor side with the middle one being higher than the others. I assume that the higher pole would be for the Gophers. I don't think that they would move the current opponent's flag to be placed under the Gopher's flag.

I just thought that it would be kind of like an earned right to have your flag flown at the stadium, if the flag was not flown until the first day the team plays in the brickhouse.

Could that middle one possibly be reserved for the BigTen Conference flag? ...maybe rotating it with whichever school is the visiting team during that game, but leaving it in the middle for ooc games?

I would like to see them wait to hoist the Big Ten school flag until they have played a game at the brickhouse. Their flag could be raised at the time that the Marching Band plays their school song. I realize that for Michigan and Indiana, that would take a few more years then the rest of the schools. I do not why, but I think that this would be a nice touch.

What does everyone think about waiting until the team has played in the brickhouse before their school flag is hoisted high above the brickhouse?

I like the way they did it at Memorial Stadium. They flew ALL the Big 10 flags around the stadium, but the two teams playing that day had BIG flags at the bowl end of the stadium.

Top Bottom