Big Ten Schedule Release Is Today (Thursday)

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
11 a.m. on BTN.

Since the Big Ten went to 20 conference games, the Gophers started on the road 3 of 4 times. Have to be honest, wouldn't mind if we start with Nebraska at The Barn. Would be nice to have the absolute best opportunity to get off to a 1-0 start in early December.

The Gophers Big Ten openers the last 4 seasons:

2018-19: @ Ohio State (lost by 20)
2019-20: @ Iowa (lost by 20)
2020-21: @ Illinois (lost by 27)
2021-22: Michigan State (lost by 8)

Interestingly, despite losing all 4 Big Ten openers, the Gophers have not started 0-2 since the switch to 20 games.

Last edited:

It's about time.

Nothing like waiting until football season is in full swing to announce the basketball schedule, way to maximize the buzz.

First 2:

Dec. 4: @ Purdue
Dec. 8: Michigan

Good time to play both. Both are breaking in quite a few new players (as are we).
This is true, its also not the easiest of starts. I don't care who you are, losing can take its toll, which is why I like starting easier and building confidence. In theory Penn St MD Neb Rut is an "easier" portion of the schedule for 4 of the last 5 but if you are say 5-10 in conference going into those games its tougher to get up for them and push through the fatigue. If you are 9-6 and working to a tourney berth getting up for a game @Purdue is likely easier. I guess its fairly pointless, you have to play the same teams anyway and we are in a good conference so tough games abound.

We have so many unknowns but when I look at the schedule this year it some how seems less daunting than previous years. Get some breaks and win about 10 more games than anybody thinks we will. Go Gophers!

Top Bottom