Big Ten REVIEW TEAM SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sonnygarcia

Reaction score
If you think the call on Decker's catch was terrible, try to check out the play with 2:12 left in the Indiana / Michigan game. WOW, some absolutely terrible decision making capabilities being shown by the B10.

Clean it up!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Awful today. Indiana may not have won, but that was a BS call. Absolutely hosed.

There was absolutely no question - I have no idea what the heck they were looking at. They should be fired.

If you think the call on Decker's catch was terrible, try to check out the play with 2:12 left in the Indiana / Michigan game. WOW, some absolutely terrible decision making capabilities being shown by the B10.

Clean it up!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

That was a HORRID call/review. In both cases (live and, even clearer, replay), it was obvious that the receiver had the ball when he was down. The defender ripped the ball from his arms a full second after the play should have officially ended. Michigan paying off the refs, per usual? This is far from the first time Michigan has had the benefit of the officials. Indiana got screwed - it happens to the small programs.

Awful today. Indiana may not have won, but that was a BS call. Absolutely hosed.

There was absolutely no question - I have no idea what the heck they were looking at. They should be fired.

Fired AND fined - to make up for the payoff they got from the Michigan program.

Didn't get a chance to see the Indiana play, but the call " upon further, further review" on Decker's catch certainly did leave me shaking my head. :confused:

That was the first time I've ever seen a replay official change his mind after a ruling. He got it right and then changed his mind or maybe lost his mind. It was good to see the Gophers keep it together after that and get a TD on the next possession. Unfortunately for Indiana they didn't have any chances left after that terrible call.

What was interesting to me is that the official didn't even explain why the play was upheld. Pretty weak.

We should flood the Big Ten with letters complaining about this. It's a simple rule, on simultaneous posession, it goes to the receiver. This was clearly simultaneous posession. If they can't remember the rules, perhaps they are officiating in the wrong level - there may be some NAIA spots for the officials.

The officials ought to at least explain the call, explain that there was no indisputable evidence or explain that the receiver must have possession or something. Both times it was just the canned answer "The ruling on the field stands" or whatever.

The Decker call was called correctly twice!!! I guess that still wasn't enough for them.

Indiana got completely hosed by the idiot officials. I hate Michigan..

The Decker call was called correctly twice!!! ..

somebody give me some more info here, I was channel flipping b/c I didn't think there was much of a decision to be made............... they came back from the review and said "catch", then another call from the booth was made, and they came back and said "no catch"???? I just saw the no catch announcement :confused:

somebody give me some more info here, I was channel flipping b/c I didn't think there was much of a decision to be made............... they came back from the review and said "catch", then another call from the booth was made, and they came back and said "no catch"???? I just saw the no catch announcement :confused:

They reviewed the play and the official said that the review confirmed the call on the field. Then the officials did not set the ball for the Gophers to run their play near the 20, paused for a minute, and the same guy came back and said "after further review..." the pass is ruled incomplete.

They reviewed the play and the official said that the review confirmed the call on the field. Then the officials did not set the ball for the Gophers to run their play near the 20, paused for a minute, and the same guy came back and said "after further review..." the pass is ruled incomplete.

oh christ, good thing I didn't see that, I flew off the handle the way it was. what a debacle.

oh christ, good thing I didn't see that, I flew off the handle the way it was. what a debacle.

Yeah well moreover, a couple timeouts and commercials happened around that play, so there was a huge spot of wasted time; then Weber came out and threw the pick (though it was basically the same as an INT) - I thought that would have been a great play for an out-and-up though.

I think the Microphone must have cut out and you didn't hear this: "After further and further review, the receiver was a Minnesota Gopher, therefore no touchdown."

A similar thing happened during the Michigan game: "After further review, the defense is Michigan Wolverine, therefore, standard rules do not apply. Michigan ball." That call in the Michigan game was bad enough were there has got to be a temptation to refuse to even continue the game in protest.

In the Michigan/Indiana case, I just wish the official would have come on and said, "There is not sufficient video evidence to determine if there was simultaneous possession, so the call on the field stands." Instead, we are left with no clue as to what the replay official did or did not see that caused him to uphold the original call.

The Decker call just baffled me. I thought there was supposed to be something obvious in the replay to reverse a call. If they saw something obvious, they must have been looking at different replays than we saw.

Dave Lee (yes, I was listening...stuck in the car) at halftime said he went down to talk to the officials to get an explanation. They told him that the reason they originally upheld the call was because they thought that the call on the field was incomplete. Then when they saw the referees moving the chains (for a completion) they called back down to correct them.

I didn't actually see the play so I can't comment on that. Just telling you what I heard on the radio.

By the way - didn't it look like the last TD catch by the chubby NW tight end was out of bounds? It seemed like when he finally had possession that the first thing that hit the ground was his hand and it was out of bounds. Anyone else see the same thing?

Imagine that, another terrible call. I have no idea how that wasn't a catch in the Iowa-Penn St. game.

Edit: have to add the horrible running into the kicker penalty. The refs seem to be getting worse and worse every week.

Top Bottom