Big Ten QB statistics after Week 2

This is like the Weber argument.

Some of the people who weren't happy with Gray after week 1 were still complaining after his nearly perfect performance against New Hampshire. I get that the level of competition is terrible, but when I read some of the people not being super happy with Gray after the game this week, I knew it wasn't something that could be up for debate.

This is like the Weber argument.

Some of the people who weren't happy with Gray after week 1 were still complaining after his nearly perfect performance against New Hampshire. I get that the level of competition is terrible, but when I read some of the people not being super happy with Gray after the game this week, I knew it wasn't something that could be up for debate.

I must be a rarity then, I think he sucked week 1 and was awesome week 2.

I don't think I ever said it was a rarity and I didn't mean to imply that. I just was saying that some people weren't even satisfied with Gray's performance against UNH. My point was that when those kinds of people are around, this disagreement is always going to be taking place.

You are such a pompous ass. NOT ONE person said he would have a horrible season. We simply said he sucked week one which was 100% true. The majority of us also said we were fully expecting him to play well the rest of the season.

Except he didn't suck week one. He didn't play great, but threw 2 TD passes and had a QB rating of 147. He led his team to victory. Ever see the stats of other run-first QBs like Ricky Foggie, Billy Cockerham, or Sandy Stephens? How about Asad Abdul-Khaliq?

By their standards, Q is outstanding...and they sucked.

We can argue semantics all we want about things in the past, but it really serves no useful purpose.

Gray can play better than he did in game 1, so can the rest of the team.

Gray can play better than he did in game 2, so can the rest of the team.

I suggest we concentrate on WM and the upcoming game instead of rehashing old feelings and observations from the past and enjoy the fact that we are 2-0, and encourage our guys to make it 3-0.

GO GOPHERS!!!
:clap:
Dr.Don, you are right on the money, as always, with your above quoted observations re: MG and the upcoming GopherFootball schedule. MG and the entire team could have played much better in the first game, and even in the second game, there was much room for improvement by MG and the entire team. Let's focus on the future and both MG and the team improving week by week.

I will also point out that Marquis Gray's development as a quarterback was completely mishandled by the current Receivers Coach at Mississippi State University. MG was recruited as a 4-5 star dual threat quarterback but was not allowed to develop is quarterback talents commensurate with his star rating. Instead he was consigned to quarterback sneaks as a Wildcat quarterback, and then switched to wide receiver by our All-Star recruiting guru, instead of receiving any significant playing time behind the incumbent quarterback, (who I thought was an excellent quarterback, by the way), so that he might develop his dual threat talents in order to be ready to take over from MW in MG's junior year. Marquis Gray has been the starter in exactly 13 college football games, which makes him about a redshirt Sophomore/maybe Junior in his playing experience as a quarterback. His completion percentage to date, 605%, his passing yardage, 182 yards per game, his rushing average, 5.2 yards per carry, his average yards rushing per game, 88.5; total offense per game 270.5 yards per game. Oh yeah, in case you missed it, the sight of a 250 pound tackle/I mean quarterback out-running the entire New Hampshire secondary on a 75 yard touchdown scamper was pretty awesome in my humble opinion. (See at the 21 second point on the video) I believe that Marquis Gray is going to be just fine this season, folks, and he is going to lead our beloved Gophers to a much better season than the professional prognosticators, and the local naysayers, would have us believe.
GO GOPHERS!

I think we just don't have enough adjectives to choose from. That's clearly the problem here. Some people are clearly just not comfortable with the word choice of other people.

I'll be consulting Roget's before my next post on the topic.

Just got it this morning. Ponder had a bad 1st Half and a great Overtime against a very bad team. That means he sucked. He also had the best Running Back in the league next to him. That means he really sucked. Hope he plays well Sunday against the worst team in the NFL, the New Hampshire, uh Indianapolis Colts.

Exactly. I thought he was terrible in Vegas but almost perfect against UNH. And I expect him to have a big year. And that's what most people have been saying all along. Not sure why dpo and Bob get their panties in a bunch just because some of us think Gray played so poorly in Vegas.

I must have missed it when someone said he was having a horrible season. Dpodoll is the biggest baby on this board, and I truly think he has some insecurity issues. He's one of those guys that posts on a message board to make him feel better and important.

Just about everyone who said Gray sucked vs UNLV also said that they expect him to play very well against UNH and have a great season. What's funny is you actually think you're making some sort of point with your op. You're not. Gray was great on Saturday, just like myself and most on this board expected.

You're acting like Dracula with a face full of holy water.

Q will do his part against better competition but he needs improved OL play. He had some huge holes to run through against UNH and a weak pass rush thus his good numbers. Things will be much, much tougher in the BIG.

I don't expect a huge year from Gray due to his QB inexperience and the young OL.

Exactly. I thought he was terrible in Vegas but almost perfect against UNH. And I expect him to have a big year. And that's what most people have been saying all along. Not sure why dpo and Bob get their panties in a bunch just because some of us think Gray played so poorly in Vegas.

Wow. . .you clearly missed the point again. I'm not surprised because you don't seem to read much of the other person's position before replying. So I'll type it again.

I was not talking about the people who thought he played poorly in Vegas and then good against UNH. I am not talking about YOU. However, there are people on this board who were whining about parts of his play after the UNH game. Because those people exist and post on this forum, arguments over Gray's play will ALWAYS happen. It's like the Weber debate. Once the Weber War started on this board, some people could never admit that he played poorly and others would never admit he played decent...thus an argument every time his name was mentioned.

So again, for the 3rd time, my message did NOT say that "people who thought Gray was bad against UNLV think he was bad against UNH", I said that SOME people even thought he played bad against UNH. You don't appear to be part of that group, so my message does not apply to you. I know this is basic reading comprehension. I probably didn't write it in the clearest manner, which is why I already clarrified my post in response to mcrow.

Top Bottom