Big Ten Network

Clyde Tester

Reaction score
Interesting article in Friday's New York Times about the Big Ten Network.

Big Ten Network Alters Landscape of College Football

I thought the following was particularly interesting for some reason:

In the media-saturated modern world, the Big Ten Network has become yet another recruiting tool. Last summer, Treyvon Green, a highly regarded running back from suburban Dallas, verbally committed to play for Northwestern in 2011. He had never stepped foot on Northwestern’s campus in Evanston, Ill.; most everything he knew about the university he had learned from the Big Ten Network.

“Northwestern is a good fit for me and my family,” Green told Wildcat.com shortly after he committed. “They’ll be able to watch me on TV on the Big Ten Network, and that’s important. I know they have great academics and a good football team.”

Wasn't it Phatrick Ruesse who bashed BTN as they were trying to get off the ground? Said something like who'd want to watch that or some such tripe. As in most cases, the Pompous Pissant of Print was wrong again on BTN. I think a lot of their programming is far better than anything he puts out, if that's any kind of benchmark at all! Now if they could just talk about how badly the Gophers need a 4 or 5 star running back and then we see one commit w/o taking a visit.

Top Bottom