Big Ten football coaches who are on the hot seat in the 2024 season (#1. PJ Fleck, Minnesota)

That’s not even close to being true. Is he packing the Bank every game – no, not even close—was last year the worst since Kill’s first year 13 years ago – by far. I don’t think PJ has really generated a lot of excitement throughout Minnesota. We had one great year after that, he’s just another guy so far. He’s kicking ass and winning everything except for game day; the thing that matters the most. For all things game day I’d give him the last two or three years solid D.
Its not true that no one I know or speak to is talking about how Fleck should be fired? Wow thanks for letting me know...

But please, enlighten me on all of the fans that are running around clamoring for replacing PJ. Not here...but in your every day life. Where is the groundswell? Where is anyone talking about it? Even haters in the local media aren't saying it except to get a rise out of Gopher fans. Ya know why, because it doesn't friggin exist.

The overall point was that I understand why people in the media would think he is on the hot seat due to poor in-game coaching/not living up to expectations and why fans would think he is safe due to the great offseason.
Except people in the media don't think that, just one random BADger blogger who needed to garner some clicks. Most realize he would need another real bad season to be on the hot seat.

Its not true that no one I know or speak to is talking about how Fleck should be fired? Wow thanks for letting me know...

But please, enlighten me on all of the fans that are running around clamoring for replacing PJ. Not here...but in your every day life. Where is the groundswell? Where is anyone talking about it? Even haters in the local media aren't saying it except to get a rise out of Gopher fans. Ya know why, because it doesn't friggin exist.

I don’t know Dave maybe you and your band camp buddies think that all is well with gopher football but my crew several who really want to like Fleck are stung just like I am after a really shitty season: which followed a great deal of mediocrity post ‘19. He certainly hasn’t captured the imagination of the state we suffer from a good deal of indifference. If he’s not on the hot series, it’s because idiots like you are fine with mediocrity.

I don’t know Dave maybe you and your band camp buddies think that all is well with gopher football but my crew several who really want to like Fleck are stung just like I am after a really shitty season: which followed a great deal of mediocrity post ‘19. He certainly hasn’t captured the imagination of the state we suffer from a good deal of indifference. If he’s not on the hot series, it’s because idiots like you are fine with mediocrity.
Who are you and your crew looking at getting as a replacement and what are you guys willing to do about it? Asking for a friend!

Who are you and your crew looking at getting as a replacement and what are you guys willing to do about it? Asking for a friend!
also would like to know what your crew's definition of medicorcity is. Two 9-4 seasons both with Bowl victories (West Virginia, Syracuse) does not comprise mediocrity in my world.....

Last edited:

also would like toknow what your crew's definition of medicorcity is. Two 9-4 seasons both with Bowl victories (West Virginia, Syracuse) does not comprise mediocrity in my world.....
Yep, that's a head scratcher! I believe a lot of college football fans would be thrilled with the "mediocrity" of 9+ wins in three straight full seasons.

Yep, that's a head scratcher! I believe a lot of college football fans would be thrilled with the "mediocrity" of 9+ wins in three straight full seasons.
Not really a head scratcher when you consider the source. This is the same poster who had a full on vendetta against Morgan and MSM to the point where one or both of them must have kicked his dog at some point to justify the way he went after them. They are gone so now he focuses on Fleck instead....eventually i am sure it will shift to Brosmer.

Guys, the West sucked for 3-4 years and we pissed it down our leg repeatedly. Your low expectations help perpetuate our decades of mediocrity. I hope we have a bang up year in ‘24, but ‘23 was horrendous and the two years before we really didn’t beat anyone of note with Wisky being way down. I repeatedly give PJ kudos for everything but for game day; I loathe his game day performances and don’t know how anyone could disagree, frankly.

Guys, the West sucked for 3-4 years and we pissed it down our leg repeatedly. Your low expectations help perpetuate our decades of mediocrity. I hope we have a bang up year in ‘24, but ‘23 was horrendous and the two years before we really didn’t beat anyone of note with Wisky being way down. I repeatedly give PJ kudos for everything but for game day; I loathe his game day performances and don’t know how anyone could disagree, frankly.
You could save a lot of time and say "I know my opinions are terrible, but I must defend them!". I mean we all know our anyways.

Is this a ChatGPT exercise? "Chat, Write me something today that is anti-PJFleck that sounds different than what you wrote before..."

Imagine being able to run the ball.

Check, Gophers for sure have that. Look at that stable led by Taylor and that good offensive line talent.

Right there that closes any gap. Right there that starts with winning football.

Bring in a new QB who probably is going to be very good, we don't know. He put up eye-popping numbers at a lower level. He can throw.

I have nothing to say about the defense. Others know that better than me. Gophers defense under Fleck usually is solid year after year despite some bad minutes of play last year.

Good NIL performance. Minnesota did not get smoked in the transfer portal but actually has a pretty good talent mix from recruits and transfers in.

There is not reason for doon. This offseason is not a joke but actually significant boosts plus that terrific run game to be unleashed.

Top Bottom