Big Ten expansion survey

Done!

Looking forward to survey results.

Go Gophers!!

Done

Told them to take the Leaders and Legends names and shove it up their you know what.

Interesting survey. Will be interesting to hear the final results in terms of the conference names as I am guessing those will get blasted. Doubt any of this will have much of an impact on the Conference office but I am sure they like getting the public input so they can gauge where fans are at.

Done.

Glad they're asking us about THESE details instead of "do you want to play stupid, sh!tty teams like Maryland and Rutgers that no one cares about in the first place, instead of traditional Big Ten opponents, in exchange for some more (easy) money.

Thanks for posting. I definitely took the survey. I would really like to know the results when they come out.

Done.

Glad they're asking us about THESE details instead of "do you want to play stupid, sh!tty teams like Maryland and Rutgers that no one cares about in the first place, instead of traditional Big Ten opponents, in exchange for some more (easy) money.

+1

Done.

Took the survey.

Do you actually care more about playing Purdue and Indiana compared to Maryland and Rutgers? As long as Minnesota plays what would be considered their rivals every year what difference does it make if they play Rutgers or Indiana in any given season other than Indiana is a traditional B1G team.

Took the survey.

Do you actually care more about playing Purdue and Indiana compared to Maryland and Rutgers? As long as Minnesota plays what would be considered their rivals every year what difference does it make if they play Rutgers or Indiana in any given season other than Indiana is a traditional B1G team.

They sad thing is Minnesota fits that same spot for a lot of Big Ten schools now.

LOL. Like they are going to listen to the fans.

Did anyone else have absolutely no idea on the question of which division Minnesota is in?

Did anyone else have absolutely no idea on the question of which division Minnesota is in?

I had to look it up because I wasn't confident. Turns out I was right but just reiterates why the names need to be changed.

I had to look it up because I wasn't confident. Turns out I was right but just reiterates why the names need to be changed.

I actually thought that was a great question. Bet they will find that there are a lot of fans that guess wrong or don't know which division their team is in due to those stupid a$$ names. The Big Ten probably will never change them unless they were to reorganize the divisions along true directional lines where an east/west, north/south would actually be the way the divisions were split but I will be shocked if the results show anything less than everyone hating those names.

Thanks for creating this thread. I think Delany knows people hate legends and leaders and will use this survey to correct a big mistake.

Here is my almost-serious suggestion:

I don't think a conference with 14 (or 16) teams should be called the Big 10.

So, to reflect the change, but honor the tradition - I suggest

The Big TENt Conference (small "t" is on purpose)

Because a big tent is inclusive - and has room for everyone.

(for the record - I'm sober. (haven't had a drink or done any drugs since 1986)

Thanks for creating this thread. I think Delany knows people hate legends and leaders and will use this survey to correct a big mistake.

The Big Ten office admitted last year they had many complaints about the names but decided to keep them anyway, so I wouldn't look for a change anytime soon. Doornobs.

While they may not change a thing, i appreciate the attempt (even if it is all b.s. and won't be seen by anyone) of listening to the fans. My hope is that they will compile all the responses and understand what the fans what without being blinded by money.

Thanks for survey - somebody repost this thread when results come out.

Took the survey.

Yes I do. Time to start chiseling the tombstone. The Big Ten is dead.

Here is my almost-serious suggestion:

I don't think a conference with 14 (or 16) teams should be called the Big 10.

So, to reflect the change, but honor the tradition - I suggest

The Big TENt Conference (small "t" is on purpose)

Because a big tent is inclusive - and has room for everyone.

(for the record - I'm sober. (haven't had a drink or done any drugs since 1986)

I had a Big tent when I awoke this morning.

Top Bottom