Big Ten Elite 2016 Penn state

Some guy

Reaction score
2016 penn state

Just got a chance to watch it. Really interesting long segment on Mn @ penn state

2016 was a really good gopher team.
If they had held on in that game the whole trajectory of the kill era might have been different. Franklin may have been fired that week.

Myrick a great player but continuously getting torched in the highlights

OMG… I just randomly watched that game a couple nights ago. Shannon Brooks stood out as did Emmit Carpenter.

Up by 3, 53 seconds left, ball was deep in Penn State territory but Gophers just couldn’t get it done.

Seemed to hold Barkley in check for most the game until OT. It seemed like the mood switched from “how are we going to win?” to “how are we going to lose?” Once OT kicked in. Offense went first and went backwards (being bailed out by a brilliant field goal from Carpenter). Then the D took the field for one play, that looked like a continuation of the last PSU drive, and the game was over. So disappointing.

If the Gophers could have held out those 53 seconds, the record would have run up to 4-0 and the whole season could have been different. It is clearly seen as an obvious turning point for Penn State football, but it was a turning point of sorts for the Gophers too.

Penn State was 2-2 going in, and it felt like Franklin was starting to lose the fan base. Saquon Barkley was getting hyped to the moon, and he had like 40 yards at the end of regulation. We led by 10 at halftime, and led by 3 with under a minute to go. That was also the game where I think it was Jaylen Waters got ejected for blocking the kicker, even though the kicker was a big dude who was known for assisting with coverage on kickoffs. At the time it felt like we pissed away a game we should have won against an inferior opponent. Penn State didn't lose another game until their shootout with USC in the Rose Bowl. I think Minnesota had second half leads against all 4 teams that they lost to.

Penn State was 2-2 going in, and it felt like Franklin was starting to lose the fan base. Saquon Barkley was getting hyped to the moon, and he had like 40 yards at the end of regulation. We led by 10 at halftime, and led by 3 with under a minute to go. That was also the game where I think it was Jaylen Waters got ejected for blocking the kicker, even though the kicker was a big dude who was known for assisting with coverage on kickoffs. At the time it felt like we pissed away a game we should have won against an inferior opponent. Penn State didn't lose another game until their shootout with USC in the Rose Bowl. I think Minnesota had second half leads against all 4 teams that they lost to.
Ya, we had a knack of throwing interceptions in late-game drives, often near the goal line. It was brutal...very painful to watch over and over again.

Top Bottom