Big Ten could expand beyond additions of USC, UCLA, says commissioner Kevin Warren, if it adds 'additional value' to conference

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

"I get asked every single day, what's next?" Warren said Tuesday to open Big Ten football media days. "It may include future expansion, but it will be done for the right reasons, at the right time, with our student-athletes' academic and athletic empowerment at the center of any and all decisions that we will make.

"We will not expand just to expand. It will be strategic, it will add additional value to our conference."

Warren repeatedly referenced taking a bold and innovative approach toward the many major topics in college athletics, including further realignment. He said the league "will not languish in bureaucracy."

"It is important for all of us in business to recognize that we're in a time of change," Warren said. "I think there's two types of people in the world: They look at change as it's a problem, or they look at change as an opportunity. And I'm one of those individuals that when change occurs, I get excited about it. And then it really is an opportunity for us to do a lot of things that people have thought about, but maybe have been a little bit reticent to do.

"So I'm embracing change."

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom