Big Ten Coaches' Candid Quotes on Conference Rivals

dpodoll68

Elite Poster
Reaction score
http://www.athlonsports.com/college-football/big-ten-coaches-candid-quotes-conference-rivals

What Big Ten Coaches are saying about: Minnesota

“This program’s going to take on Jerry Kill’s personality. To me, it was one of the best hires in college football. I’d much rather see him at Northern Illinois than Minnesota. He’s phenomenal. He’s got a great staff. They’ve all been together. They know what they want. Very similar to Iowa. They’re going to be very consistent. It’s not going to be about pomp and circumstance. It’s going to be about playing football and being the best man you can be."

"I think Jerry’s the right guy for that job, but it’s going to take some time. I hope the Minnesota fans can be patient. Certainly there shouldn’t be a lot of expectations in his first season at Minnesota, so anything over last year’s three-win season would be gravy."

"MarQueis Gray has spent some time at wide receiver, but I think he’s most effective at quarterback. It looks like he’ll get a shot to play quarterback."

"That’s a tough job. The new stadium has helped, but it’s still a tough sell to get kids at Minnesota.”

“Bret Bielema found out that karma’s a funny thing. He went for a two-point conversion late in a blowout win against Minnesota and then the Badgers lost to TCU in the Rose Bowl on a failed two-point conversion. Believe me, I wasn’t the only one that noticed the irony in that."

ha

Lets take guesses, shall we?

1) Coach Fitz

2)Paterno (Who else uses gravy in that sense?)

3)Zook?

4) has to be Bulima or Ferentz...

Any guesses to which quotes might be from Kill about the other teams? None stand out.

I would say that 4 is not Ferentz. Seems like there's some bite to that quote (granted, without any context). Ferentz is a respectful guy when it comes to the other Big Ten schools. Bulimia is only respectful to Iowa and wisky.

Any guesses to which quotes might be from Kill about the other teams? None stand out.

This is the only one I can think of:

"(Quarterback) Scott Tolzien was phenomenal a year ago. They won 11 games because he was so dang consistent. I didn’t see him make many mistakes."

The Dang stands out.

Top Bottom