Big Ten announces 2012 prime-time schedule

Monty519

Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/48974/big-ten-announces-primetime-schedule

The Big Ten has released its complete prime-time schedule for the 2012 season, with 14 total games under the lights this fall. That includes six games on the ABC/ESPN family of networks and eight on the Big Ten Network.

Here you go, night owls (all kickoffs listed in ET):

Aug. 31
Boise State at Michigan State, 8 p.m., ESPN

Sept. 1
Indiana State at Indiana, 8 p.m., Big Ten Network

Sept. 8
Vanderbilt at Northwestern, 8 p.m., BTN

Sept. 15
Notre Dame at Michigan State, 8 p.m., ABC
Utah State at Wisconsin, 8 p.m., BTN
Ball State at Indiana, 8 p.m., BTN

Sept. 22
Syracuse at Minnesota, 8 p.m., BTN
Louisiana Tech at Illinois, 8 p.m., BTN

Sept. 29
Wisconsin at Nebraska, 8 p.m., ABC, ESPN, or ESPN2

Oct. 6
Nebraska at Ohio State, 8 p.m., ABC, ESPN, or ESPN2

Oct. 13
Ohio State at Indiana, 8 p.m., BTN

Oct. 20
Penn State at Iowa, 8 p.m., BTN

Oct. 27
Ohio State at Penn State, 6 p.m., ESPN or ESPN2
Michigan at Nebraska, 8 p.m., ABC, ESPN, or ESPN2

Excellent. That's the game I hoped they would use for the primetime BTN slot. Thanks Monty!

Excellent, a night-time home game for 'Cuse will be fun.

Here's hoping we can get as many 2:30 starts this year as we got last year.

Here's hoping we can get as many 2:30 starts this year as we got last year.
And the sweet fall weather too. Minus all the losses, last seasons home games were perfect (I couldn't attend the Illinois game and thus don't count it).

I assumed the Thursday game @ UNLV will be a night game as well. Not the case? Gophersports.com has that game listed as TBA for time. Or will it be considered a 'pre-prime time' (like 5-7pm CST?)

At any rate, looking forward to the game vs. SU under the lights. The Bank always seems to be at its best right around sundown IMO. Maybe that's just because it always reminds me of the opener versus Air Force though... ah, good times.

I assumed the Thursday game @ UNLV will be a night game as well. Not the case? Gophersports.com has that game listed as TBA for time. Or will it be considered a 'pre-prime time' (like 5-7pm CST?)

These are just primetime games with B1G teams at home. Away games haven't been set yet (or at least, aren't part of this release).

Michigan-Bama, Michigan-Notre Dame, Minnesota-UNLV, Illinois-Arizona State, Nebraska-UCLA, Wisconsin-Oregon State are all candidates for night games.

And the sweet fall weather too. Minus all the losses, last seasons home games were perfect (I couldn't attend the Illinois game and thus don't count it).

It was even sweeter to watch those Illini huddle around each other with their hands stuck down their pants while our guys were flying by them...

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/48974/big-ten-announces-primetime-schedule

The Big Ten has released its complete prime-time schedule for the 2012 season, with 14 total games under the lights this fall. That includes six games on the ABC/ESPN family of networks and eight on the Big Ten Network.

Sept. 1

Grab your popcorn and settle in early for this one. Should be a barnburner.

Can't wait for the Syracuse game! Games at sunset are what TCF is all about. Thanks for the info.

Aug. 31
Boise State at Michigan State, 8 p.m., ESPN

Sept. 1

Sept. 8
Vanderbilt at Northwestern, 8 p.m., BTN

Sept. 15
Notre Dame at Michigan State, 8 p.m., ABC
Utah State at Wisconsin, 8 p.m., BTN
Ball State at Indiana, 8 p.m., BTN

Sept. 22
Syracuse at Minnesota, 8 p.m., BTN
Louisiana Tech at Illinois, 8 p.m., BTN

Sept. 29
Wisconsin at Nebraska, 8 p.m., ABC, ESPN, or ESPN2

Oct. 6
Nebraska at Ohio State, 8 p.m., ABC, ESPN, or ESPN2

Oct. 13
Ohio State at Indiana, 8 p.m., BTN

Oct. 20
Penn State at Iowa, 8 p.m., BTN

Oct. 27
Ohio State at Penn State, 6 p.m., ESPN or ESPN2
Michigan at Nebraska, 8 p.m., ABC, ESPN, or ESPN2

gettin' excited for football season...

wonder why Purdue isn't included in any of these night games?
(not that I'm complaining...)

hopin' the big 10 goes 8-0 in the non-conference games, thru 9/22

gettin' excited for football season...

wonder why Purdue isn't included in any of these night games?
(not that I'm complaining...)

hopin' the big 10 goes 8-0 in the non-conference games, thru 9/22

on 2nd thought, maybe 7-1 would be just fine....as I can become a big-time fan of Utah State!

on 2nd thought, maybe 7-1 would be just fine....as I can become a big-time fan of Utah State!

I believe that they will win!

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tQywmNxCd8E?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tQywmNxCd8E?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

These are just primetime games with B1G teams at home. Away games haven't been set yet (or at least, aren't part of this release).

Michigan-Bama, Michigan-Notre Dame, Minnesota-UNLV, Illinois-Arizona State, Nebraska-UCLA, Wisconsin-Oregon State are all candidates for night games.

That game does not fall under any conference deal, that a Netural site game, so it does not apply to the Big Ten Deal or the SEC deal. Michigan and Notre Dame fall under NBC football deal so that a NBC deal and i heard that the Michigan and Notre Dame game is a night game.

That game does not fall under any conference deal, that a Netural site game, so it does not apply to the Big Ten Deal or the SEC deal. Michigan and Notre Dame fall under NBC football deal so that a NBC deal and i heard that the Michigan and Notre Dame game is a night game.

That's exactly what Gophers07 is trying to say. The games announced above are only the ones connected to the Big Ten TV deal (home Big Ten games). The road/neutral games could also be night games, just not part of the Big Ten TV deal.

Night game at The Bank...Syracuse...New York...Sounds like a perfect excuse for throwing some nice thick New York strips on the grill for tailgating.

Am a bit surprised Sparty @ Bucky isn't a prime-timer on Oct. 27. That duo hooked up for 2 of the most entertaining games in all of college football last season.

But seeing who the other Oct. 27 prime-timers feature (Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio State, Penn State), that explains it. Big Brother (ESPN/ABC) went with the B1G's "brandest" names. Either way, with those 3 matchups it looks like Oct. 27 will go a long way in determining who wins the Leaders & Legends divisions.

Am a bit surprised Sparty @ Bucky isn't a prime-timer on Oct. 27. That duo hooked up for 2 of the most entertaining games in all of college football last season.

One word: Halloween. UW has generally lobbied for (and got) 11 AM starts when they have a home game the weekend of the Halloween parties. I think it has something to do with crowd control along State Street (get the football crowd out of campus before the costume crowd rolls in).

Grab your popcorn and settle in early for this one. Should be a barnburner.
I know you are joking, but it could be. I expect the Hoosiers to be terrible and Indiana State has been improving rapidly and have one of the best RBs in FCS. I would not be surpised to see Bird U snag this one.

Top Bottom