Big Ten after 6 weeks....

MNVCGUY

Reaction score
...what a mess.

Ohio State clearly is the most talented team and are laying a beat down on Nebraska right now. Very glad we don't play them this season. Michigan State needed a late rally to get past Indiana, Wisconsin was struggling with Illinois for three quarters, Purdue who had looked very good all year was destroyed by Michigan, and Northwestern couldn't stop a late charge by Penn State. My conference ranking after 2 weeks would be as follows:

Ohio State - Clearly the best team in the conference right now
Michigan - If Robinson stays healthy they are going to be tough to beat
Nebraska - Despite what is going on tonight this is still a very dangerous team

After those three the conference is really up in the air
Michigan State - Still think this is a really talented team but has not played up to ability yet
Penn State - Clearly there is still some talent in Happy Valley. Things will get ugly after this year but they are playing really well right now
Northwestern - Good team but vulnerable
Purdue - Got destroyed by Michigan today but don't think they will be the last team to get run off the field by the Wolverines
Wisconsin - Took them a long time to get going but run game showed up some
Iowa - Off this week, they actually could move up this list with another strong showing in a conference game
Minnesota - Have a hard time seeing us above this spot at the moment based on the Iowa game. But could move up similar to Iowa
Indiana - Had MSU dead to rights and let them off the hook. Still not a very good team
Illinois - Their offense is terrible.

I think #4-8 are all pretty much even at this point. You're right, what a mess. Even overall, it's a mess. With Florida St. going down, the #3-5 teams in the country lost today.

Ohio State does look like the class of the league, but I was impressed with how many weapons Nebraska has on offense.

Nebraska's Defense which has been shredded twice already will be fine once they fire Cosgrove.

Nebraska's Defense which has been shredded twice already will be fine once they fire Cosgrove.

Nebraska has such a strong defensive reputation that I was surprised at some of the point totals they have given up in recent years. The last time they gave up 60 in a game was back in 2008 and the Cosgrove led 2007 defense managed to give up over 70 points in one game.

Top Bottom