BIG TEN/ACC CHALLENGE

Florida State @ Iowa going into OT.

A win for the B1G, yes, but yet another kick in the gonads for Gopher fans as Wisconsin and Iowa secure the crucial and clinching wins for the conference.

A win for the B1G, yes, but yet another kick in the gonads for Gopher fans as Wisconsin and Iowa secure the crucial and clinching wins for the conference.

Only because they played last... had the Gophers played last and won, they'd be the heroes. Right?

I'm not bothered at all by them winning; a non-conference bb game is insignificant in the grand scheme to their programs, and I want to win the challenge. I would never cheer for them in the NCAA tournament or football bowl games, but I do pull for them in this ACC-Big Ten Challenge every year.

Meh, I wouldn't call that a kick in the gonads. I like our conference looking better, so all wins are welcomed.

And we've never lost to duke or unc in the challenge. We do seem to get matched with fsu, virginia and Clemson a lot

And we never will until we're a proven long term winner (powerhouse). Average to below average Big Ten teams will always play average to below average ACC teams while above average to great Big Team teams will always play above average to great ACC teams.

The Gophers contributed just as much to the final tally as Iowa and Wisconsin did.

We've been talking about this being a dubious, losing swan song for Bo Ryan. Don't look now, but if he can put this team from the Island of Misfit Toys in the upper half of the conference, he might win coach of the year.

We've been talking about this being a dubious, losing swan song for Bo Ryan. Don't look now, but if he can put this team from the Island of Misfit Toys in the upper half of the conference, he might win coach of the year.

As much as I hate to admit anything good about Bo Ryan, the man is a hell of a motherf**king basketball coach. It's taken to the end of his career for me to stop underestimating him and his teams.

Am I correct that we have now won 5 straight games in the challenge?

Not to mention that only u and Purdue have over a .500 record in the challenge. Nebraska too, but they've played far fewer challenge games.

Gophers record by team played in the Challenge:

vs. Florida St. (3-2)
vs. Virginia (2-2)
vs. Clemson (1-1)
vs. Wake Forest (1-1)
vs. Virginia Tech (1-0)
vs. Georgia Tech (1-0)
vs. Miami (0-1)
vs. Maryland (0-1)

Overall (9-8), Current Streak: 5 wins

Yes, but the Gophers got the first win, so the Gophers and the Hawkeyes were the bookends. Since I'm an alumnus of Iowa and a fan of the Gophers, that suits me fine.

As much as I hate to admit anything good about Bo Ryan, the man is a hell of a motherf**king basketball coach. It's taken to the end of his career for me to stop underestimating him and his teams.

Obviously, the man understood from a very early time in his current position the type of team you needed to have to be successful in this conference and he has been consistently and remarkably successful given the overall level of talent he has recruited over the years. Watching all three of the early game wins last night in spots, I was amused at how much those contests resembled Big Ten conference games in playing style.

Not True

Indiana has not done much since 2003 when Davis took them to the FF, yet they seem to play Duke and UNC an awful lot in the challenge. When Tubby had teams that were thought to be top 15 type, BT Title contenders before the guards all got hurt or quit, we still played the bottom feeders of the ACC.

Seems many teams(see Gophers) get pigeon-holed vs the same few teams every year. Why not throw the names in a hat and let the chips fall where they may? Create some different match-ups.

Seems many teams(see Gophers) get pigeon-holed vs the same few teams every year. Why not throw the names in a hat and let the chips fall where they may? Create some different match-ups.

I like how they put together teams based on record from the previous year. If we want better games in ACC challenge then we need to win more games this year to get better slot next season My guess is we will see same thing next year for gophers.

You have to be the silliest flim-flam man I have ever met.

Because he didn't expect the Badgers to pull an upset AT Syracuse? How is that silly? Wisconsin is nowhere near as good as they were last year. Have you forgotten how good they were?

Top Bottom