Big Ten-ACC Challenge starts/resumes tonight (ACC perfect so far)

Big Ten goes 11 or maybe even 12 deep this year, there isn't going to be any easy games from the way it looks, Purdue is better than I thought they would be, Indiana looks decent.

From the Purdue game, Washington really turned into a player.

I was impressed with Anas Mahmoud playing some very important minutes for Louisville against Ohio State tonight. I know it was rumored the Gophers liked Konate more than Mahmoud, but Mahmoud is clearly much more skilled offensively and is more ready to play (knows the game) than Bakary is. However, Mahmoud is so slender, there's no way he could play as the Gophers 5 this year. He can play with the athletic, physical bunch of player surrounding him on Louisville's roster, but a Mahmoud/King front court just would not work.

Well I'm happy to learn that you love to watch the team you've got in the NIT. Personally, I prefer to root for Bo and his team in the real tourney. To each his own, I guess.

Well, I personally sent a raccoon to go $hit on your front doorstep, so look for that in the morning. :D Keep it up and we'll be sending our knife-wielding polar bears. You don't want any of that..

Big Ten vs. ACC (through Day 2 of Challenge)

Tuesday Results
Indiana over Pitt
Gophers over Wake Forest
Michigan over Syracuse
Miami over Illinois
Purdue over Wake Forest
Louisville over Ohio State

Tonight
Michigan State @ Notre Dame, 6:15/ESPN2 (projected winner: Michigan State)
Virginia Tech @ Penn State, 6:15/ESPNU (projected winner: Penn State)
Iowa @ North Carolina, 6:30/ESPN (projected winner: North Carolina)
Virginia @ Maryland, 8:15/ESPN2 (projected winner: Virginia)
Georgia Tech @ Northwestern, 8:15/ESPNU (projected winner: Georgia Tech)
Duke @ Wisconsin, 8:30/ESPN (projected winner: Wisconsin)

The Tally
Overall: Tied at 6-6
Challenge Only: Big Ten leads 6-2

This will be the only time this year I will want duke to win.

Too bad we didn't get to play UNC this year, Iowa just upset them in an absolutely atrocious game. There is no way UNC is a top 25 team right now.

Big Ten clinches it already. It could be a bigger blow out if Michigan St. would have won. They probably should have won.

Big Ten clinches it already. It could be a bigger blow out if Michigan St. would have won. They probably should have won.

yeah agreed. Big Ten might end up getting swept the rest of the way tonight with how the games look so far though

Already locked up the challenge.......if you still want to call it that.

Break for Virginia getting to play Maryland in its first game without Dez Wells. Love the t-shirt some of the Maryland fans are wearing though --

"Too B1G for the ACC"

lol

That's got to be a discouraging loss for Wisconsin tonight. It's hard not to see Duke getting better as the season goes on and they already beat the Badgers on their home court. Obviously, I'd love for the Gophers to be in the Badgers situation but it's got to be a little disappointing finding out that improving on last season is probably a stretch.

On a side note, I wonder if Tyus Jones has any idea how much bigger his game tonight would have been in a Minnesota uniform as compared to a Duke one. It's not unusual for a Duke freshman to have a great game in a huge spot, but if he did that for his hometown team? Worst case is he could do local commercials and radio spots for the next 50 years.

Tyus was incredible tonight..very tough to watch.

He'll never get a job in Minnesota........Sid said so.

Tyus never bought local hero angle; NBA prep school much more appealing to him.

Absolutely. I am certainly not saying he should have stayed home, just that it would have been incredible if he did. His goal should absolutely be the NBA, but I would also argue that being "the Man" on a college team and the number 1 focus on all opposition scouting reports prepares you better for success in the NBA than playing on a team full of McD's AA's that has a talent advantage almost every time they step on the court.

Absolutely. I am certainly not saying he should have stayed home, just that it would have been incredible if he did. His goal should absolutely be the NBA, but I would also argue that being "the Man" on a college team and the number 1 focus on all opposition scouting reports prepares you better for success in the NBA than playing on a team full of McD's AA's that has a talent advantage almost every time they step on the court.

I've thought that from the start, and I'll never be moved off that position. If he wins a national title with Duke, it'll be a thrill, no doubt. But if he won a national title with Minnesota, it would be monumental - a whole 'nother level.

It's not unusual for a Duke freshman to have a great game in a huge spot, but if he did that for his hometown team? Worst case is he could do local commercials and radio spots for the next 50 years.

Totally. You can't turn the channel these days without seeing a Sam Jacobson ad. :rolleyes:

Tyus only one turnover in the last two games. Really like how Duke starts the offense with a wing pass that is really much closer to mid court than usual. Makes for a safe pass to the wing every time.

Top Bottom