Big Star Tribune cover story on Seantrel

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Great article on Seantrel today...it's an "only in your Sunday Star Tribune exclusive" but its worth the $1.75 or so to read it. It talks about his upbringing, has quotes from former #1 rated players Mauer, AP and Percy on handling the pressure, etc.

Well done STrib.

Go Gophers!!

If you can wait until midweeek...

The Strib usually puts the Sunday exclusive up on the website around Wednesday.

I honestly didn't read what was probably a very good article because i was a little peeved that that article took up virtually the whole front page of the sports section and you had to go to the back to see anything on the scrimmage. Is one high school recruit really a bigger story than the first event in the first new on-campus stadium in almost 50 years in the Big Ten?

There was nothing shocking about the article from my viewpoint. Seantrel should realize that very few places will reward him as much as if he stays here. He will be more prosperous in the Twin Cities for the final 40 or 50 years of his life after he retires from the NFL if he goes to college here and utilizes his education and relationships to prosper in the huge local business community. I loved the fact it was the whole front page of the sports section.

SH

I was surprised that he did not make the Gophers one of his official visits. If Minnesota is still in the mix(?) why didn't he select the U of M?:confused:

I was surprised that he did not make the Gophers one of his official visits. If Minnesota is still in the mix(?) why didn't he select the U of M?:confused:

He's commented on this a few times in the past and it comes as no surprise. He feels and correctly so, that he visits the U often enough and has plently of unofficial visits here that he has the luxury of in effect being able to take 6 official visits. It's not a measure of who he favors its about practicality and a wise approach.

I think its because he can see the U anytime at basically no cost. The official visits are the ones where the school covers a lot of your costs and I don't blame him for saving those for places where he and his family would have increased travel costs.

Someone better versed in the rules than I can explain what costs get covered and what ones don't.

I honestly didn't read what was probably a very good article because i was a little peeved that that article took up virtually the whole front page of the sports section and you had to go to the back to see anything on the scrimmage. Is one high school recruit really a bigger story than the first event in the first new on-campus stadium in almost 50 years in the Big Ten?

IT WAS A SCRIMMAGE, IT WAS A TEST RUN FOR THE U TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING GOES WELL FOR THE FIRST REAL EVENT IN THE STADIUM!!!

IT WAS A SCRIMMAGE, IT WAS A TEST RUN FOR THE U TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING GOES WELL FOR THE FIRST REAL EVENT IN THE STADIUM!!!

IT'S CALLED CAPS LOCK. IT CAN BE TURNED OFF ANY TIME BY PRESSING IT AGAIN.

There, now, was that so hard? I know it was a scrimmage. I know it was a test run. I just think it warranted more attention than a 17-year old, even if he is the #1 recruit in the country.

Top Bottom