Big Recruit Announcement, 11:15 today!

gopherfan8

Reaction score
Theo Pinson will be announcing his choice in about 30 minutes. Why is this big? Well, he is deciding between UNC and IU (those are rumored by all to be the top 2). If he chooses UNC, could mean there is no scholarship for Vaughn, as UNC will then have 3 wing players committed in the 2014 class.

Good point, but timing and other signs point to Indiana being the choice. Indiana was his only official visit and Crean's been all over him like stink on *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#. (And that's an analogy I use intentionally). And being a 5*, he's got a decent chance at not being run off in a couple years when Crean needs another scholarship!

He picks UNC. Let's see, but this could be HUGE for Vaughn. Coach Pitino, get ready to push harder...

Woohoo!

Edit: Doesn't UNC only have two wing players for 2014 committed as of now? Pinson and Jackson? From what I can tell they're looking for three wings for 2014 because they expect at least two of Hairston, Mcdonald and Tokoto to be gone after next year.

Per DaveTelep Dave Telep
Theo Pinson is going to attend North Carolina.
5 minutes ago

Yeah you are right. 3 2014 commits, and 2 wings. But also have wings in the 2013 class, I dont think Vaughn is going to like sitnot starting.

No question that Richard will use this.

If we don't have news within 20 minutes that Vaughn has committed to Richie, I will consider this a slow news day for Gopher b-ball since he took over.

Yeah you are right. 3 2014 commits, and 2 wings. But also have wings in the 2013 class, I dont think Vaughn is going to like sitnot starting.

They have no wings in the 2013 recruiting class. They have a PG, PF and Center. Leslie Mcdonald, and Reggie Bullock are gone after next year as they are seniors. Hairston will probably leave for the draft. Tokoto has huge potential, so who knows, he could leave for the draft after next season as well. They will have plenty of room for Vaughn if he decides to go there.

They have no wings in the 2013 recruiting class. They have a PG, PF and Center. Leslie Mcdonald, and Reggie Bullock are gone after next year as they are seniors. Hairston will probably leave for the draft. Tokoto has huge potential, so who knows, he could leave for the draft after next season as well. They will have plenty of room for Vaughn if he decides to go there.
He's already gone

They will have plenty of room for Vaughn if he decides to go there.

That's not the point. Of course there is always "room" for a top-10 recruit, at any school in the country in any circumstances. But UNC now has two top-rated wings (SG/SF) committed in Vaughn's class. Schools constantly use how badly they "need" a player in recruiting. Vaughn still may like UNC but this fact definitely will be used by other schools recruiting him, and rightly so. He wants and deserves to be *the man* coming in. He may well be the #1 rated player in the country, or close, by the time May 2014 rolls around.

No doubt all the big boys will stay in the mix, but I'd like to think we have a good shot at keeping Vaughn home. ...despite the constant NCAA rules violations of UNC fans tweeting him all the time. (And I mean, all the time)

i feel like kentucky must be really high, he seems like the type of kid that would commit there, in terms of his academic performance and i think we wants to get to the NBA soon, but he also wants to be the star, this does def help minnesota out at getting him, it would have been nice if vince taylor was still on the staff for recruiting rashad, they were close but oh well

Justin Jackson and Theo Pinson are top 15 players in 2014 who both happen to be combo SG/SFs. Along with Joel Berry in that class, I don't see Vaughn wanting to go there now. Gotta think our chances significantly increased after today! (hoping nobody decommits)

Top Bottom