BIG NEWS

GophNation

Reaction score
I flew into Portland this afternoon to attend the Civil War this weekend; in line at Hertz Rental was Kirk Herbstreit. I asked him if he had heard anything about the Gopher coaching job, he responded with "Gopher fans will be really excited about their new coach, thats all I can tell ya."

He's in the business of broadcasting news and he's holding back instead of being the first to break the story?

I flew into Portland this afternoon to attend the Civil War this weekend; in line at Hertz Rental was Kirk Herbstreit. I asked him if he had heard anything about the Gopher coaching job, he responded with "Gopher fans will be really excited about their new coach, thats all I can tell ya."

NM. I know better.

I thought the Civil War was over. I guess it's still going on in Portland...

Yeah Kirk would break teh story.

But Gameday is at Oregon St. so he does have some of his story right.

Did he have Dr. Don's checkbook? Did he say he was going to Wal-mart?

He's in the business of broadcasting news and he's holding back instead of being the first to break the story?

Maybe he has only heard rumors and he is the only responsible journalist in north america?

I thought the Civil War was over. I guess it's still going on in Portland...

For whatever tiny amount it's worth, that's what the Oregon-Oregon State rivalry is called 'The Civil War'. But yea, if Herbie knows who is getting the job, I'm pretty sure they'd be logging it on espn.com to get some hits. No point in sitting on that news.

coming from someone who has made their first post. I still wear your Brews Crew shirt but Tim you are going to fool us again.

This Civil War?

cw2.jpg

Well, it's Riley if anyone; but he's signed through 2019, so it would be a huge deal if we picked him up.

I would love it, but it's enormously unlikely.

I call shenanigans. If you were in line at Hertz, you would have likely been murdered by a knife-wielding, Heisman-winning USC tailback.

Fool me once, shame on you
Fool me twice, shame on me

Herb Brooks 1980

Delta Flight 1073, arrived in Portland at 1:55 local time. He sat first class on the flight with me, 3 of his ESPN buddies sat coach behind me. Thats all he told me about our next coach.

Delta Flight 1073, arrived in Portland at 1:55 local time. He sat first class on the flight with me, 3 of his ESPN buddies sat coach behind me. Thats all he told me about our next coach.

I hope you're right:). But, you'll need to forgive our skepticism based on the fact that this was your first post on Gopherhole.

Herbstriet would break the news if he had a definate name. What he may have, is some information that it's a done deal, and he trusts his sources evaluation of the selection. If he knows a name and is willing to sit on it it would have to be someone on Ohio State staff.

Not sure why I think this, but I keep thinking it's going to be Chris Peterson. This would explain the Maturi "I didn't know he was interested," the many people who have implied that Gopher fans would be excited about the hire, and why we haven't heard anything about the potential hire yet.

Well, one can hope anyway. Even in Boise, he's getting top-75 recruiting classes (I know, whoo-hoo ;)), but doing a very good job with the limited talent he has.

Flight Status

Flight 1073 on Thu, 02 Dec 2010 Notify Me New Search

Status Departure Arrival
City Scheduled Actual City Scheduled Actual
Flight Complete Minneapolis/St Paul (MSP)
Terminal 1
Gate C4 11:45am
02 Dec 11:57am
02 Dec Portland (PDX)
Gate D9 1:36pm
02 Dec 1:56pm
02 Dec

Maybe you guys are looking too deep into this. Of course Gopher fans will be really excited about their new coach and he couldnt tell more because he doesnt know anything beyond that.

We are cracking up because we have an idiot leading the search!

What was Herbstreit doing in MSP to begin with?

The poster implied that he was in Portland, where he would have been picking up a car, as College Gameday is at the Oregon-Oregon State game.

Edit: Wait, I just read the connecting part...umm...MSP is a hub, I guess?

Delta Hub in MSP after they bought Northwest. Guy was probably flying out of chicago though because thats where the large majority of Columbus (where Herbie lives) flights to Portland connect into.

Thank you orbitz haha. We are getting rediculous aren't we?

53190_The%20worlds%20gone%20crazy.jpg

If the new coach were Belotti than Kirk wouldn't be authorized to say anything about it, IMO. Since Belotti is an ESPN employee, etc..

Top Bottom