BIG Championship game betting line

Tully55

Reaction score
tOSU opens up as an 18 point favorite..line now at 16 1/2 with the o/u set at 56 1/2.

I'll take the over, and hopefully about 60 of it is on tOSU's side of the game summary.

Ohio state was hurt by rain when they played Wisconsin the first time and it took a while to get the offense going.

That being said, I think Wisconsin is pretty good and will show better than they did mid season.
31-21 buckeyes

I want Wisconsin to play poorly enough to not be invited to the Rose Bowl, but well enough to be invited to the Cotton Bowl. (requires OU to get into the CFP, over Georgia)

That opens up a slot for the remaining Big Ten bowls essentially.

The only shot Wisconsin has of hanging with Ohio State is if Coan has a great game like the one he had against us and Ohio State turns the ball over. Ohio State will shut down Taylor again and Coan will have to do better then is 10 for 17 for 108 yards in the first matchup.

If Ohio State plays well this one will be a route in perfect conditions indoors. Ohio State is just playing on another level this year.

Only shot wi has is if Ohio st beats themselves

Wiscy went all out last weekend and opened up the playbook big time for Minnesota in a very good offensive game plan. Now that it's all on film, they won't have the same advantage against Ohio State. Even if they do get a good matchup (receiver on LB etc.) Ohio State's athletes are incredible and can recover on a dry track. No way Wiscy is able to run out of the Wishbone type formation (I'm guessing it was a big surprise to Minnesota) like they did on Saturday in terrible conditions. Ohio State can get pressure on the QB with its DL including Chase Young and won't need to add extra pressure like Minnesota did - so the screens won't work as well.

I think the only chance they have is if Justin Fields gets hurt and/or Ohio State turnovers.

The only shot Wisconsin has of hanging with Ohio State is if Coan has a great game like the one he had against us and Ohio State turns the ball over. Ohio State will shut down Taylor again and Coan will have to do better then is 10 for 17 for 108 yards in the first matchup.

If Ohio State plays well this one will be a route in perfect conditions indoors. Ohio State is just playing on another level this year.

I noticed that they had 13 guys on the coaches' Big Ten All Defense Team (first, second, third and honorable mention). How's that for depth?

Wiscy went all out last weekend and opened up the playbook big time for Minnesota in a very good offensive game plan. Now that it's all on film, they won't have the same advantage against Ohio State. Even if they do get a good matchup (receiver on LB etc.) Ohio State's athletes are incredible and can recover on a dry track. No way Wiscy is able to run out of the Wishbone type formation (I'm guessing it was a big surprise to Minnesota) like they did on Saturday in terrible conditions. Ohio State can get pressure on the QB with its DL including Chase Young and won't need to add extra pressure like Minnesota did - so the screens won't work as well.

I think the only chance they have is if Justin Fields gets hurt and/or Ohio State turnovers.
Isn't it nice to say a team opened up the playbook and made adjustments against the Gophers. Do you think that has been said on other boards (perhaps aside from Purdue?)?

I don't root for Ohio State often, but I'm hoping the Buckeyes win in a double monkey stomp this weekend.

Definition of monkey stomp = 21 points.

Seriously THE Ohio State U favored by 18 but only a 56.5 O/U. If Wisconsin stays within 18 of the Buckeyes that means Bucky has to hang how many on OSU? I look for OSU to hang 45 on Sconnie, so that means if the badgers beat the spread they would have to put up 28 against that defense? Only way that happens is if OSU is up by 4 touches by halftime and play 2nd stringers. Take the over on this bad boy.

Last edited:

Top Bottom