Bielema taunts Fleck in post-game locker room celebration (video)

Yes, in the Kill/Claeys days, there were no D-Linemen over 6'1'', no QBs that weren't actually TE's who couldn't hit a slant pass, and no wins against Wisco, or Iowa. And there certainly weren't 5th string RBs running for 200 yds.

Tanner Morgan was a step up from previous QBs,
Rashad Bateman had a chance to go to Georgia late in the process but stayed with Fleck
Justin Walley was Mr. Football in the state of Mississippi and has a brother going to Mississippi, and yet Justin remains at MN and is playing well. Things like this didnt happen under Kill and Claeys.

Lest we forget.
Kill has more than a handful of his former players playing in the NFL you knucklehead.

Hmmm. Pretty disrespectful and seems quite personal. Unnecessary, and I'm not at all in favor of this type of display. His role by definition is supposed to be that of a teacher for these young men as well as being their football coach, and he might teach them by example how to win with class and grace, celebrating your own victory as opposed to celebrating the loss of your opponent, but Bielema being Bielema, of course not.

This does not surprise me in the least, as he has the personality of a schoolyard bully and has always, always been an utterly classless knob.

The only adult coaches who overtly mock other coaches are the true asswipes. Bielema has a history of it, Ferentz has a history of it, mouth full of marbles Frost did it…I’m ster there are more….. thankfully PJ does not go that road.
Fleck directly took shots at frost last year post game I thought.

I think alls fair. Whatever. College football is supposed to be fun. BB is a fun character for the big ten.

Go Illini over Iowa!

Bielema said some nice things about PJ and our team in the interview after the game. It surprised me.

Not sure mocking PJ is the way to go, but it seems the only comeback GH has is fat jokes. Not exactly raising the bar.

Yes, who's Tracy coaching for again?

His last recruiting class was so bad the football roster would have been as bad as the basketball roster after another year or two.
Are you referring to the class that signed after he was fired? Pretty sure the last class that signed while he was coach were seniors in 2019 and many played a significant role in the success of that year. 🤷‍♂️

Are you referring to the class that signed after he was fired? Pretty sure the last class that signed while he was coach were seniors in 2019 and many played a significant role in the success of that year. 🤷‍♂️

I'm talking about the class PJ ran off after he took the job and instead brought in a bunch of contributors to that same 2019 team and beyond.

He outcoached Fleck.....AGAIN. Why not rub it in?
how many coaches would have switched QBs when bolmiea did ? You think fleck would have 0% chance. That is the once reason they won plus horseshit coaching and QB on our end .

how many coaches would have switched QBs when bolmiea did ? You think fleck would have 0% chance. That is the once reason they won plus horseshit coaching and QB on our end .
Switched qbs because of a concussion? I would assume most coaches, except Brady Hoke.

Switched qbs because of a concussion? I would assume most coaches, except Brady Hoke.
I like this post

People forget PJ switched QBs for the last drive against Iowa in 2019 and it didn’t work.
Switched QBs at halftime of Nebraska last year and it did work out
Switched QB’s mid bowl game last year and it did work out.

That's funny, he Bielema totally mocked Coach Flunk and his pea brain running around like a giant doofus, and crowd surfing. To the Victor go the Spoils and he owns Coach Flunk so why would Bielema do anything different. Well played by coach Bielema.
Yeah I'd like to see him crowd surfing. If he had most of his team wouldn't be able to play for weeks.

I'm talking about the class PJ ran off after he took the job and instead brought in a bunch of contributors to that same 2019 team and beyond.
Oh, the class that wasn’t even complete and never actually happened? That one? Well, that does make more sense than if you had been referring to the one he had that contributed so much to the 2019 season.

I like this post

People forget PJ switched QBs for the last drive against Iowa in 2019 and it didn’t work.
Switched QBs at halftime of Nebraska last year and it did work out
Switched QB’s mid bowl game last year and it did work out.
Those were ALL due to the starters getting injured... not because he felt he needed to make a change.

I don't think Fleck has ever replaced a starter due to performance (at UofM), but I could be wrong.

Oh, the class that wasn’t even complete and never actually happened? That one? Well, that does make more sense than if you had been referring to the one he had that contributed so much to the 2019 season.

It's the one that would have happened if Claeys would have stayed the coach. So yes it make sense to talk about the one he was going to sign a month later, which would have been the only one he signed without the help of Ol Jer.

It's the one that would have happened if Claeys would have stayed the coach. So yes it make sense to talk about the one he was going to sign a month later, which would have been the only one he signed without the help of Ol Jer.
I have to admit, I don’t know how a class that never happened would have turned out. I’m guessing that is a gift of yours. I only know how his class that did happen turned out. 🤷‍♂️

Yes, in the Kill/Claeys days, there were no D-Linemen over 6'1'', no QBs that weren't actually TE's who couldn't hit a slant pass, and no wins against Wisco, or Iowa. And there certainly weren't 5th string RBs running for 200 yds.

Tanner Morgan was a step up from previous QBs,
Rashad Bateman had a chance to go to Georgia late in the process but stayed with Fleck
Justin Walley was Mr. Football in the state of Mississippi and has a brother going to Mississippi, and yet Justin remains at MN and is playing well. Things like this didnt happen under Kill and Claeys.

Lest we forget.
If we could have skipped Brewster, Kill/Claeys would likely have been more successful than what they were able to achieve.

I have to admit, I don’t know how a class that never happened would have turned out. I’m guessing that is a gift of yours. I only know how his class that did happen turned out. 🤷‍♂️

Right, just like we can't prove that the program is better off without him...

I'm sure Tracy would have won several B1G west championships by now, with Seth Green and the read option being the catalyst of Golden Gopher offensive dominance. It's a shame no other schools have recognized his head coaching prowess.

If we could have skipped Brewster, Kill/Claeys would likely have been more successful than what they were able to achieve.
If we could’ve skipped Brewster we would’ve never hired kill/claeys

Right, just like we can't prove that the program is better off without him...

I'm sure Tracy would have won several B1G west championships by now, with Seth Green and the read option being the catalyst of Golden Gopher offensive dominance. It's a shame no other schools have recognized his head coaching prowess.
Well, now you are changing the subject all together. I’d like to say I’m wondering why you are now arguing a whole paragraph of things I never said, but I think we both know why.

It's remarkable the contempt opposing coaches show for Fleck. Does this trickle down to the coaching pool? Is this why, outside of Rossi, we can't hire decent assistants? Do assistant coach candidates see him the same way?
I think you’re on to something.

I still support him. I cannot stand his schtick. I couldn’t force myself to be that corny. My support is completely because it is rational to note some kids love him. He’s corny crap has worked and elevated the program.

It's remarkable the contempt opposing coaches show for Fleck. Does this trickle down to the coaching pool? Is this why, outside of Rossi, we can't hire decent assistants? Do assistant coach candidates see him the same way?
I don't understand why everyone thinks Rossi is a great coach.

Well, now you are changing the subject all together. I’d like to say I’m wondering why you are now arguing a whole paragraph of things I never said, but I think we both know why.

You weren't the person I originally responded to. To pretend we didn't know how Claeys class would finish 3 weeks before signing day is like pretending we wouldn't know how Claeys tenure would have gone here when he's coached 2 1/2 years over the last 7 since, none being a HC.

It's amazing some people still can't get over why he wasn't cut out to be a HC.

Yeah I'd like to see him crowd surfing. If he had most of his team wouldn't be able to play for weeks.
Yes, this. That is why the joke is really on him. He couldn't even troll correctly due to personal issues. His "stunt" brings that to light.

Fleck directly took shots at frost last year post game I thought.

I think alls fair. Whatever. College football is supposed to be fun. BB is a fun character for the big ten.

Go Illini over Iowa!
I agree. This happens all the time. It's part of buy in. It's part of recruiting. Fleck and Bielema both seem to like each other and respect each other.

Fleck tries to recruit hard in Illinois and these games are really big. Bielema even called it a rivalry game. It's not personal, it's competition.

I agree. This happens all the time. It's part of buy in. It's part of recruiting. Fleck and Bielema both seem to like each other and respect each other.

Fleck tries to recruit hard in Illinois and these games are really big. Bielema even called it a rivalry game. It's not personal, it's competition.
This is why Fleck needs to circle next years game and post game ,assuming that it's a win, say he has always considered Illinois in state recruiting.

Fleck has to know "friends" or not that Bielema takes shots at him especially with recruits.

You weren't the person I originally responded to. To pretend we didn't know how Claeys class would finish 3 weeks before signing day is like pretending we wouldn't know how Claeys tenure would have gone here when he's coached 2 1/2 years over the last 7 since, none being a HC.
We simply don't know how his class would have turned out or performed. Claiming you know based on ratings before it was even complete would be like celebrating PJ's recruiting rankings at the early signing period (IALTO). And I see you are trying to change the subject again with how TC would have done as a coach here - lets keep on topic, shall we?

Top Bottom