Better Fan Experience

People with bags are causing the slowdowns. Another issue is people who don't empty their pockets. I literally had my wallet, phone, and keys in hand and walked through in 1 second. If everyone did this, there wouldn't be a problem.
That would help, but it's an over simplification. When I enter, the bag lines are sometimes moving faster than the regular lines. Sometimes I have been told to leave everything in my pockets. Every week my phone/wallet set off the detector and I have to go back through. Even when I tell the security personnel that, they insist that I "try it" without letting me put those items in the bypass tray.

The tipping thing isn't unique to the Gopher stadium, but it's still super annoying. It's happening at a lot of places. The worst is when places ask for tips before you even have the service. And then asking for tips for things that absolutely don't need a tip. The _automated_ car wash by my house even asks for a tip and at most there is just a guy hanging around the building. The tip thing is a pretty common complaint (https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone.../businesses-asking-for-more-tips/71428135007/)
I agree with you on all the annoying tipping scenarios, but what bugs me the most is the request at Grab & Go Concession stations. I actually did all the service work. I should get the gratuity.

I mean just cause they ask doesn't mean you have to do it. It is mostly there due to laziness from the companies that set up the credit card system. The one positive is it has made staffing concessions easier since they are getting a nice wage plus the tips for their time. At my spot the concessions does as well or better than we do in the bar!

As someone who works part time at this stuff it is fun to watch people when it pops up. They get so worried they will be judged they emotionally blackmail themselves into paying! I watched my GF pay a tip on overpriced shirts at a concert due to this phenomenon!

For what it's worth, Autzen is similar in size, a bit larger and typical attendance is 102% of capacity. Getting into the stadium runs quite smoothly, easy and fast, someone might want to see what the differences are between how it's handled at the two stadiums. As for Autzen, fans don't sit down very often, maybe during timeouts and half time. Concessions are run by companies that contract with the University of Oregon. Fans coming and going during the game is pretty minimal, plus everyone is already on their feet. Might be a little more traffic in the isles just before halftime or at the end of the game, assuming it's not a close game. Basically, people stay in their assigned seat area during the game.
Many of our fans would pop a bolt if they had to stand up all game.

Many of our fans would pop a bolt if they had to stand up all game.
LOL...
I think at Autzen they have three different check points as you enter the stadium. First, is for bottles reminding people that any bottles brought into the stadium have to be empty and plastic, they also send anyone with a backpack or purse to the second check point to have them examined for unauthorized items. Finally, you get to the person checking your ticket. They have four different entry points around the stadium and about 6 or 8 gates at each entry point.

Additionally, lots of people go early and hang in the Moshofsky Center (indoor practice facility) that is basically a very large sports bar before and during games. These people have already been through security and can easily get to their seats. Plus, their is a smaller similar facility on the opposite end of the stadium on the baseball field. Point is a lot of "tailgating" is done after entering through the ticket gates.

That would help, but it's an over simplification. When I enter, the bag lines are sometimes moving faster than the regular lines. Sometimes I have been told to leave everything in my pockets. Every week my phone/wallet set off the detector and I have to go back through. Even when I tell the security personnel that, they insist that I "try it" without letting me put those items in the bypass tray.
put you phone, wallet and keys in your hand with your arms sticking out and front of you so they go threw first then the rest of go threw this is what they taught me first week and never had an issue.

Top Bottom