Best way to get tickets for the MSU game?

MadtownGopher

Reaction score
I'm thinking about driving up for the MSU game on Tuesday. What would be the best way to get solid tickets for a good of a deal as possible? StubHub? Craigslist? Just show up and find a scalper? I checked out the U's allotment on gophersports.com but they pretty much just have singles left at this point. I'll be going with one other person.

Appreciate the feedback!

I've heard arms and legs are pretty good currency and that tickets are available for trade.

There are usually 2-3 scalpers on the corner near BW3. No idea on prices, but they are there every game.

There may be single game tickets still available through the ticket office. If not, Stubhub or scalpers, as suggested.

Stubhub usually has plenty of options. At least, they would when I used them for IU games. I'd imagine it would be the same for Minnesota.

Best prices will be through ticket office if available

There is a Gopher Ticket Exchange forum on this site

or if becoming a Golden Dunker is an option, they have a couple of extra seats that they sell to members also

I've scanned it pretty closely, your best bet is through the ticket office, to get seat back seats you are going to really have to pay through the nose on stubhub or one of the other sites, you could try the scalpers, my guess is it is going to be expensive, and then use the ticket office if you can't get a deal. I would research available locations online before going to the ticket office so you get what you want at a price you want if you end up as a walkup.

Watchout for the 101 sections seats on stubhub etc., they can really be annoying if you are directly behind the basket at basket height.

Watch out for the 101 sections seats on stubhub etc., they can really be annoying if you are directly behind the basket at basket height.

I'm in that ballpark (slightly left of the basket), and wouldn't go as far to say it's annoying. Definitely an occasional blind spot (looking to my right) with the basket/stanchion in the way, but with the pace of the game it's so rare I even notice. If you're low enough in that section (I'm directly underneath the overhang) you get a really good feel for the game/crowd.

I'm in that ballpark (slightly left of the basket), and wouldn't go as far to say it's annoying. Definitely an occasional blind spot (looking to my right) with the basket/stanchion in the way, but with the pace of the game it's so rare I even notice. If you're low enough in that section (I'm directly underneath the overhang) you get a really good feel for the game/crowd.

Or off to the side a little they can be great seats, it's only if you are in the three or four directly behind the basket and not above it that they are bad, I've had both, you get below the back board and they are very good. Check the seats out on the Gopher site prior to buying.

We're looking at getting tickets for this game too. Are there obstructed view seats on the lower level sideline?

Top Bottom