Best seats at a reasonable price in TCF?

joekulas12

Reaction score
I have only been fortunate enough to attend a couple games at TCF, and they have both been great times, but especially last year's against Purdue. We sat right behind the goal posts on the open end of the field, and I thought those seats were pretty good for the price (roughly sixity or so off Stubhub). I basically have the same seats, except they are in 150A (the section immediately above the below section). Just wondering if people have any favorite sections that they enjoy sitting in during the game.

The lower 5 rows on the sunny sideline in the second deck are hard to beat.

The lower 5 rows on the sunny sideline in the second deck are hard to beat.

I'd much rather be in the lower 5 rows of the second deck than lower 5 row of first deck. Amazing how close you feel to the field from first several rows of second deck.

I sat in row 8 in section 138?(about 5 yd line) one game. Watched most of the game on the Video board. Hated those seats.

My favorite is top row of the 1st deck student end zone corner on the home side. You get a nice overhang from the upper deck in case it's raining a bit, and you can lean your back against the concrete for the concourse.

I'm probably in the minority, but I like being in the upper deck behind the student section. You can really see the plays developing from up there.

Don't get me wrong, I sometimes get better seats. But when I'm looking to go the cheap route, that is where I always look.

My favorite is top row of the 1st deck student end zone corner on the home side. You get a nice overhang from the upper deck in case it's raining a bit, and you can lean your back against the concrete for the concourse.

Plus you have a straight on view of the video board/advertising board when play is at the other end of the field.

Notice I didn't call it a scoreboard?:rolleyes:

Don't get into "reasonable price" with some Gopherholers. That would mean $5 with free parking.

I really like my seats in 213 being second row from the top. Nobody yelling at us to sit down and have had a decent group of people around us. You can see everything develop too. Get the occasional visiting fans right behind us who have been fun to chat up (even when they were Iowa fans).

I'll never understand why people would want to be in the first 5 or 10 rows in lower level.

re: First 10 rows

I'll never understand why people would want to be in the first 5 or 10 rows in lower level.

Love being in 7th row behind visitor bench. You're 10 yards from the field of play! You can see and hear players talking on sidelines. And hear the hitting. First 10 rows lower between the 30's blow away any upper deck seat.

I agree. I've always been 15-20 rows up. First in section 105, then last year in 107 (about the 5 yd line), and this coming season in 108. We had to move up to about row 25ish, so I'll be curious how the tradeoff works. I think being closer to the 15-20 yard line will be worth it.

I agree with other posters that there are some damn good seats in the upper deck. Only downside is you have to walk further to get a beer.

And ya gotta be on the sunny side of the field. You'll bake your azz off once or twice in September, but it's nice come the October/November games. Except it prolly won't make much difference for the michigan game :cool:

The good thing is some like being close to the field and some like being high.:)

When USC's Song Girls came to town, it proved to be quite advantageous to be 5 rows in right in front of them. That may have been worth the price of a season ticket right there. Heck, it might have been worth the price of a ticket for the seven years we've been there.

When USC's Song Girls came to town, it proved to be quite advantageous to be 5 rows in right in front of them. That may have been worth the price of a season ticket right there. Heck, it might have been worth the price of a ticket for the seven years we've been there.

Link?:)

Don't get into "reasonable price" with some Gopherholers. That would mean $5 with free parking.

So most of our non conference games?

Kidding aside, Gopher sporting events are some of the easiest to find free parking for. I've never paid a dime for parking near Dinkytown.

Top Bottom