Best seat location at TCF?

herbie

Reaction score
Most stadiums say 50 yard line row 20 lower level, but with TCF being smaller maybe row 1 upper level is the best? Just curious on opinions. Anybody out there have a high priority in picking their season tickets last year and can comment on which seats went first? thanks

the open end by 148/149 a bunch of twenty year olds probably more active and loyal than the student section. Easy access in and out of your section.

Row 1 is horrible you can't see over the players and if your not right at the 50 you cant see what's going on the opposite side.

We're in row 1 on visitor side and have never had an issue seeing over the players. Plus we get the added joy of heckling throughout the game.

I have season tickets in the upper deck about 25 rows up and love the view. I don't feel too high up at all. The upper deck has better seats in my opinion. I also think the club level at Target field has a better viewing angle than the lower deck. Unless you are in the upper 10 or so rows in the lower deck, the viewing angle is too low for me to see the plays develop. Upper deck around row 5 would be close to perfect.

I sat 45 yard line row 19 and couldn't have asked for better seats.

9723_1049388372011_1744770410_93300_3842322_n.jpg

I have season tickets in the upper deck about 25 rows up and love the view. I don't feel too high up at all. The upper deck has better seats in my opinion. I also think the club level at Target field has a better viewing angle than the lower deck. Unless you are in the upper 10 or so rows in the lower deck, the viewing angle is too low for me to see the plays develop. Upper deck around row 5 would be close to perfect.

I agree on Target Field. I have sat in section 110 row 7 and also the Legends club. The viewing angle from the Legends Club is awesome! I prefer those seats to the lower level. I wondered if TCF was the same, and sounds from your post that it is.

I sat 45 yard line row 19 and couldn't have asked for better seats.

9723_1049388372011_1744770410_93300_3842322_n.jpg

Not bad at all....though that looks a little close to the ground for my taste. We're in 235, 3 rows from the top, and I'd prefer to be about 10 rows farther down and a couple sections towards the middle. But I like being able to track player movements across the entire field, so I think lower deck is a little too close to sea level for me.

game1.jpg

View from 105. Gophers never score on this end and when they do, it's always on the other side of the field (Triplett, Decker to Gray).

view from 112 row 5 at last years game day preview.....

Attachments

• IMG_1961.jpg
    IMG_1961.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 17

game1.jpg

View from 105. Gophers never score on this end and when they do, it's always on the other side of the field (Triplett, Decker to Gray).

Sweet. That is my and my buddy's heads in the foreground.

Yea vs Michigan State
Nope. Green scored on the closed end. I'm absoultely positive that Bennett's long score to open the game was on that end too, Green's TD came about a minute and a half after the opening score, so it had to be on the same end.

If I could pick any seat in the house with money not being a concern, I would take home side, upper level, row 1 at mid field. I currently have home side, upper level, row 1 right next to the open end. I love the angle and the fact that nobody will ever sit in front of me is a huge plus.

Nope. Green scored on the closed end. I'm absoultely positive that Bennett's long score to open the game was on that end too, Green's TD came about a minute and a half after the opening score, so it had to be on the same end.

Wrong on both.

Wrong on both.

I just watched the video highlights of that game on the Big Ten Network website. Section2 is correct. Both TDs were scored on the open end of the field. I'm "absolutely positive" of it.

If I could pick any seat in the house with money not being a concern, I would take home side, upper level, row 1 at mid field. I currently have home side, upper level, row 1 right next to the open end. I love the angle and the fact that nobody will ever sit in front of me is a huge plus.

Do you have any pics you can post from your seats? Just curious if the rail interferes at all with your view or if it is low enough to easily see right over it? I sat 200 level at Target field and they have so many railings and cables in the way.

Do you have any pics you can post from your seats? Just curious if the rail interferes at all with your view or if it is low enough to easily see right over it? I sat 200 level at Target field and they have so many railings and cables in the way.

I'll try to find a picture or two at home that I can post. The railings are not an issue at all for us. Actually, they make a rather nice foot rest during half time. There are some issues with railings at the end of stairways partially blocking some people's views because they are higher than the normal railings. It was a big topic of discussion here when people were picking seats last year but they don't get in our way at all.

206 row 1 love the seats and the sight lines. When we stand every one stands. It is great!

If you are the back row of the lower deck you get a few things

1) overhang in the rain
2) Basically no stairs....you have to go down like 2
3) You are closer to the field than the lower rows of the upper deck
4) A concrete backrest behind you, you can put your coats and stuff behind you without worrying about being in someone elses area, if you dont get seatbacks, you can lean on the concrete.

If you are the back row of the lower deck you get a few things

1) overhang in the rain
2) Basically no stairs....you have to go down like 2
3) You are closer to the field than the lower rows of the upper deck
4) A concrete backrest behind you, you can put your coats and stuff behind you without worrying about being in someone elses area, if you dont get seatbacks, you can lean on the concrete.

I'm in row 28 lower level 45 yard line visitor side. The seats are near perfect but you are right, two rows back and I would still bi in the sun all day but would have rain protection as well. Because you are still in the sun it doesn't feel as if you are sitting in the concourse. In my opinion thaws are the best seats in the house and they were available when I picked!

Isn't this where decker nearly got his teeth knocked out by cql?

I think that was the other corner. Section 105 is near the open end and Decker got wacked near the closed end IIRC.

Here is a video of the first touchdown at TCF taken from my seat (forgive the screaming, I was a little excited). ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BetYwf5FGjg

And here is the only picture I could find from my seat where the railing was even in the shot. I have never felt like the railing in any way obstructed our view.
HopHead500

My ticket upgrade request just moved me to 245 row 17. Anyone have pictures or insight into the area? I have a general idea from HopHead's posts.

Thanks!

1st row upper deck

I was lucky enough to get 1st row upper deck seats on the 2nd to last day of ticket selection last year. The ticket office told us they were obstructed view because of the railing. As it turns out, we are in the middle of the row and the railing only obstructs our view of the people in the lower deck. If you are on the end of a row, there are higher railings in front of the concourse stairwells that would be a nuisance, but being in the middle of a row is outstanding. Some of the best parts:

1) all of the stand/sit arguments on here are mute because either way we have the same view of the game.
2)no one ever walks in front of us, ever
3)based upon my experience sitting in other seats, there is a bit more leg room in row 1

Top Bottom