best poster 2009

Many good posters, only one GREAT , GopherLady!

Forget it, guys. No matter how many compliments you throw GopherLady's way, you are NOT EVER going to get in her pants. End of story.

Forget it, guys. No matter how many compliments you throw GopherLady's way, you are NOT EVER going to get in her pants. End of story.

WTF? This had better be facetious and, even if it is, it's in very poor taste.

BleedGopher for the wealth of links, KoolAid for the often humorous one-liners, and tikited for the weekly "What to do?" posts.

Schnoodler and Gopher Pops for sanity and insight

Now, that is a funny post. We are adults and hopefully can handle some off-color humor?
If you can't, go back to your Algebra 2 teacher and learn how to prove 2=1

Wow - guys, thanks so much. I actually hadn't seen this thread until just today (I think I've been a little obsessed with the basketball board, and haven't been over here in a day. For what it's worth - I actually thought Upnorth's post was humorous. Inappropriate, of course, but funny.

As for my vote for best poster - I just can't name a "best poster" - I'll give out categories:

Most supportive (not to say blindly follows the gophs....but more maroon colored sunglasses) - Schnoodler and Bronko

Best basketball recruiting insight - UWOle. I hate to give it to a Badger fan, but man, does this guy know Minnesota recruiting. You guys can also thank him for many of the interviews you get to read of mine with the recruits...he gives me heads up on games, players to watch, etc.

Best insight - the parents of players - Gopherpops, Sportsfan24, Go4rushing...and those are only the ones that identify themselves. Typically, when there's a well thought out post, that's very rational, I assume it's a parent. I also think one of the posts of the year goes to Wills' Dad - I too, forgot his moniker.

Posters that make me laugh so hard I spit out my Diet Coke: 1. Studwell. Honorable mentions - Normandale, Jike, and the deflefessenhaus (I butchered the name, I know).

Favorites on the bball board - Moonlight, Selection Sunday, Snowman, Jamiche, Bga (on the bball board, not the OT board), Coolhand

Poster that's taken the most abuse for nothing - Blizzard. Just because he's a fan of Myron, does not mean he's Myron...it is possible Myron has fans, haha!

New insider of the month - looks like that would go to Mr. Samsonite, I believe he's been 3/3...like the news or not. Another one that took a lot of grief was ajokeright, he proved to be correct.

Poster I most agree with most often - Anonymous. Goldy's Army actually asked me once if I was him/her because our conversation mirrored what anonymous said, and I hadn't even been on my PC all day, lol!

Guys that really know the game - Pewterschmidt and Studwell (he may joke around, but he knows his stuff)

Of course all of my favorites - GA, Bleed, JG, CDuff, PLG, ATTF, Doogie, etc....

I know I'm missing a ton, but I think I already went over the limit of one best poster, haha!

GL...You forgot one category...The Most Gross and Most Sleazy... and that would be me, Dr.Don. How could you forget?

GL...You forgot one category...The Most Gross and Most Sleazy... and that would be me, Dr.Don. How could you forget?

I am so sorry! How could I have admitted my favorite creeper, lol!?

Most inappropriate goes to, the legendary...Dr. Don!!!! :)

If I had known there were going to be prizes awarded at the end of the year I would have posted more often...

The award for the best pizza flinging gorilla clad gopher goes to.....ChemEGopher.

There you go.

GL, Schnoods, etal. I sincerely thank you for the honor bestowed. I love all of you, the best fan club in the whole wide world. Long live Walmart! :rockon:

If I had known there were going to be prizes awarded at the end of the year I would have posted more often...

The best poster who is a Mounds View alum is..............ChemEGopher!

Gopherlady is too preoccupied with the basketball board for me to say that she is the best poster (although i always read her posts on the BB board and, other than SS, is the most insightful poster there). On the football board I always look for the posters that post irregularly but whose posts are usually filled with football insight. In fact, I wish there were more posters that would talk X's and O's.

Gopherlady is too preoccupied with the basketball board for me to say that she is the best poster (although i always read her posts on the BB board and, other than SS, is the most insightful poster there). On the football board I always look for the posters that post irregularly but whose posts are usually filled with football insight. In fact, I wish there were more posters that would talk X's and O's.

Frankly speaking, I think the X's are going to kick the crap out of the O's. The O's just don't have it this year.

Schnoodler
GoAUpher
both would be helpful in a State St stand off.

Those are all good posters and make this an enjoyable place to catch up on Gopher football.

In a separate category -- the Best poster from a rival school I am going to go with
"The Monsignor" from Wisconsin. I really enjoy his posts about some of the old games between Wisconsin and the Gophers. He usually only comes on here during rivalry week, but they are always a good read.

Top Bottom