Best News of the Weekend..

ButchNashGuy

Section 212 Row 23
Reaction score
in regards to Minnesota sports? Jeff Horton being named OC. Wow serious buzzkill everywhere. I am genuinely happy with Horton being named.

It was actually when the Saints handed it to the Vikes. Pure beauty. Go away Favre

It was actually when the Saints handed it to the Vikes. Pure beauty. Go away Favre

The Saints didn't "hand it to the Vikes." It was actually the Vikes that handed it to the Saints. Too many turnovers........but we outgained them in total yardage considerably and should have won the game. That was a tough one for us Vikings fans to take.

and as far as Horton goes, just about anyone is better than Fisch. I give him a final grade of F and that is non-negotiable. His offense just about ruined the team and the offense just got worse and worse as the season went on. I bet Weber is pretty happy right now....

WTF?

We support Gopher football, therefore we must hate the Vikings and be happy with their failure? That's the height of idiocy.

I really find it hard to be a football fan and to dislike Favre.

I am a huge Gopher and Viking fan. I for one, can't stand Gopher fans that hate Viking fans.

I really find it hard to be a football fan and to dislike Favre.

I am a huge Gopher and Viking fan. I for one, can't stand Gopher fans that hate Viking fans.

Tough game for the Vikes. The way college football handles ties is far from perfect, but how the pros do it is worse. As a huge Gopher fan, and fairweather Viking follower, that's how I see it.

I for one, can't stand Gopher fans that hate Viking fans.

That is interesting. I for one, can't stand Vikings fans that think the Gophers are a joke and would not walk across the street to see them play.

That is interesting. I for one, can't stand Vikings fans that think the Gophers are a joke and would not walk across the street to see them play.

DING! DING! DING! We have a winner! Most of my friends are this way. Therefore, I have a hard time rooting for the Vikes around them. Funner to watch them suffer!

I with you drunkenMNgopher....but I also cheer for them both.

I'm a bigger Gopher fan...but last night still stings.

For me the blocked punt Bucky-Gopher game hurt for weeks....the Mich-Mn game hurt for a month even to this day.

GM

in regards to Minnesota sports? Jeff Horton being named OC. Wow serious buzzkill everywhere. I am genuinely happy with Horton being named.

Back to the topic.

I am OK with this too Tom. CFB coaching experience is what we need here not a bunch of NFL deep thinking wannabees. Coach em up and Horton has a great history with that. Now it remains to be seen if we have anyone of roster with the likes of the past Wisky QB's who were successful under Horton.

I still maintain Fisch did not have the talent to do what he wanted. It remains to be seen if that will be upgraded to give Horton a chance here. And see if Horton can develop Gray to the point he can start. IMO, Weber does not have what it takes to be an average CFB QB at best and he has been tossed around like a hot potato with all the coaching changes.

I hope Coach Horton brings with him the amplification of pound the rock, and throw play action. Even sprint draws and it signals a coming to grips with the notion to win you must play great defense and run the ball. We seem to be closer to the former.

Horton and Davis certainly must develop the offensive line first. Don't worry about throwing motions and 5 reciever looks. We need to play big boy football up front. Find 5 guys or get 5 guys and get with it. Third and three does not mean shotgun. Until the offensive line is selected and developed all talk of who will QB is meaningless. We need an offensive line that can that push the DL off the line of scrimmage, develope the crease. The must also be able to pass protect. And the tricky part be able to either without tipping anything to the defense. If the offensive line is not vastly improved come the fall, Coach Davis should be on short leash.

Yeah, it stung almost as much as when the Gophers were one play away from the ch

The Saints didn't "hand it to the Vikes." It was actually the Vikes that handed it to the Saints. Too many turnovers........but we outgained them in total yardage considerably and should have won the game. That was a tough one for us Vikings fans to take.

and as far as Horton goes, just about anyone is better than Fisch. I give him a final grade of F and that is non-negotiable. His offense just about ruined the team and the offense just got worse and worse as the season went on. I bet Weber is pretty happy right now....

The Saints did "not hand it to the Vikes" but we were far from "should have won the game". The Saints let the Vikings be a position to win. If the Saints would have pounced on some of those fumbles instead of trying to pick them up the game would not have been close. Woulda, coulda, shoulda, but it is what it is. The Vikings lost and I was happy about it, I like Favre but hate the Vikings and I am a former season ticket holder of the Vikings.

nope, he trapped it on his leg, it's a catch.

Wrong. Watch the replay. The ball slightly brushes the ground. Up to that point the receiver never had firm control of the ball therefore it was an incomplete pass. Probably wouldn't have mattered though as it would have been 3rd down and they'd only need to pick up a couple yards to get into decent range.

Wrong. Watch the replay. The ball slightly brushes the ground. Up to that point the receiver never had firm control of the ball therefore it was an incomplete pass. Probably wouldn't have mattered though as it would have been 3rd down and they'd only need to pick up a couple yards to get into decent range.

You must mean a different replay from the ones they showed on TV and the one the replay booth looked at. Maybe you could post your replay or email it to the league, they might want to see how your footage is better than the footage they shot.

You must mean a different replay from the ones they showed on TV and the one the replay booth looked at. Maybe you could post your replay or email it to the league, they might want to see how your footage is better than the footage they shot.

Perhaps the replay booth didn't have the footage that clearly showed the ball touching the turf. From one angle on the TV replays it looked like he got his hand under the ball, from a different angle though, it was clear that he did not. Also, that was a horrible PI call that rivals two of the PI calls that the Gophers got against them to lose games against Penn State. The balls was not only impossible to have caught (yards over his head), replays show that the receiver flopped mostly because of the way he was turning, the contact was minimal at best.

As far as WTF, what were the Vikings doing with 1st and 10 from the 33?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? OMFG hand it off to a fumbler not once but TWICE? After the backup RB had just run for 15 yards the play before? When Favre was clicking again in the short passing game? This was set up, no doubt, by the very smart timeout taken by the Saints coach earlier in the drive, that kept plenty of time on the clock up to that point; along with the idiodical timeout that the Vikings took with 19 seconds left (forcing the Vikings to waste clock with the running game instead of risking pass incompletions). Why not let the clock run down to 10 seconds, and run one more play to gain some more yards for Longwell, and use your last timeout, instead of calling timeout, then putting 12 men in the huddle.

Minnesota sports are certainly cursed.

I always get a chuckle out of Gopher fans that are so far over the top they can't be Vikings fans as well.

Wrong, student at the U from Milwaukee. F'ing love the gophs and hate Favre almost as much as UW... keyword Almost

Wrong, student at the U from Milwaukee. F'ing love the gophs and hate Favre almost as much as UW... keyword Almost

Wrong? His statement was "I always get a chuckle out of Gopher fans that are so far over the top they can't be Vikings fans as well." The only way that statement could be wrong is if he did in fact not "get a chuckle" out of it. That you hate Farve has nothing to do with it.

It of course is not required that a Gopher fan also be a fan of the Vikings or Favre, but being a Gopher fan does not require hating the Vikings or Favre. The vast majority of people at TCF watching the Gophers also turn their TV on to watch the Vikings on Sunday.

Wrong? His statement was "I always get a chuckle out of Gopher fans that are so far over the top they can't be Vikings fans as well." The only way that statement could be wrong is if he did in fact not "get a chuckle" out of it. That you hate Farve has nothing to do with it.

It of course is not required that a Gopher fan also be a fan of the Vikings or Favre, but being a Gopher fan does not require hating the Vikings or Favre. The vast majority of people at TCF watching the Gophers also turn their TV on to watch the Vikings on Sunday.

Sorry wasn't clear, I meant to say I hat the Queens cuz im a packer fan.

GO PACK GO!

Although if it came to it I'd rather them suffer 100 losses and the gophs win a rose bowl

Top Bottom