Best h.s. qb in MN next season

You did say recruits. Admit the oversight. It happens to all of us. We still love you.

"pimping" his football skills:rolleyes:

great verb, you (gopherguy05) of the limited vocabulary:rolleyes:

As far as Alt being all "gung ho" for hockey...was this to the exclusion of football?
Can't a modern-day Joe Mauer be gung ho for two sports?

The "connected people" in the U's hockey program (i.e. Don Lucia) are not stupid. They know Mark Alt has always had football in his heart...but not to the exclusion of hockey:D

Did you just call Mark Alt a modern day Joe Mauer?

Whatever credibility you had you just lost with me....thanks for playing though.

Did you just call Mark Alt a modern day Joe Mauer?

Whatever credibility you had you just lost with me....thanks for playing though.

Former Cretin 2-sport stud Joe Mauer a decade ago...

Faxed LOI to Bobby Bowden, but then said yes to MLB.

Bobby bowden took getting jilted like a man;)

Current Cretin 2-sport stud Mark Alt today...

Top 20 high school hockey player in America, verbally committed to Don Lucia as a sophomore, with the caveat that he wanted to be a Gopher IF he decided to play college hockey.

Alt might also be considering a full ride to play QB at his dream schoool for Kirk Ferentz.;)

He may have to tell either Lucia or Ferentz 'NO.' Wonder if the jilted one will take it like a man?:rolleyes:

Mauer a decade ago?...Alt today?...are there any similarities??

Maybe just a one or two.:D

How about if we all celebrate the resounding success of another locally-produced product:)

You did say recruits. Admit the oversight. It happens to all of us. We still love you.

Sorry, I admit the oversight. Joe Mauer was a fantastic high school recruit and is a great MLB hitter. I really like the guy and am glad he is a Twin.

To the guy who said "am I joking" Joe Mauer never played college football and chances are he would have been good but I am not going to pretend he was a can't miss. Stuff happens and maybe he would have been injured, maybe he would have gotten beat out by someone else, It is FSU and they were a powerhouse. So yes, no one knows how his college football career would have played out.

And The NFL will disagree with them

So they were bad recruits out of high school because they didn't succeed in the NFL? Nice logic moron. I'm really glad Matt Leinart never played for us, he's not very good in the NFL. Eric Crouch and Troy Smith must have been awful in college. :rolleyes:
________
Racing

So they were bad recruits out of high school because they didn't succeed in the NFL? Nice logic moron. I'm really glad Matt Leinart never played for us, he's not very good in the NFL. Eric Crouch and Troy Smith must have been awful in college. :rolleyes:

Is the NFL not the goal? Also Eric Crouch was terrible, when you are a QB and you get drafted as a WR you are a terrible QB, otherwise they would give you a shot at QB and move you later. Troy Smith could not pass worth crap and was a terrible QB, he could run and hand off the football and his teams D could win games for him.

Trent Dilfer sucks balls and he won a super bowl, does that make him a good QB?

Is the NFL not the goal? Also Eric Crouch was terrible, when you are a QB and you get drafted as a WR you are a terrible QB, otherwise they would give you a shot at QB and move you later. Troy Smith could not pass worth crap and was a terrible QB, he could run and hand off the football and his teams D could win games for him.

Trent Dilfer sucks balls and he won a super bowl, does that make him a good QB?

The only problem is when you use the term recruits you are clearly talking about college and not the pros, boy are you a genius.

The only problem is when you use the term recruits you are clearly talking about college and not the pros, boy are you a genius.

I guess when you want to be really technical the term recruits refers to high school. But when you recruit a kid from high school you hope he has what it takes to get to the NFL and the kid hopes he has what it takes to get to the NFL. These kids are not hoping to play college football, they play college football hoping to make cash in the NFL. When they do not reach the NFL they have failed. You can pat them on the back and say "you had a great four years" but the bottom line is they did not have what it takes.

I guess when you want to be really technical the term recruits refers to high school. But when you recruit a kid from high school you hope he has what it takes to get to the NFL and the kid hopes he has what it takes to get to the NFL. These kids are not hoping to play college football, they play college football hoping to make cash in the NFL. When they do not reach the NFL they have failed. You can pat them on the back and say "you had a great four years" but the bottom line is they did not have what it takes.

The above is a terrible response. I don't know the exact percentage, but isn't it something like 10% of D1 football players ever get drafted and even less make a regular season roster? For Bankonit, that means over 90% of college football player's entire college career is already a failure before they even play one game.

Mota from New London Spicer doesn't get any hype

But that kid can play. If you watched him in the State playoffs or in the Prep Bowl you will know what I am talking about. Jayme Mota QB for New London Spicer that knocked off GSL in the Prep bowl. That kid is a talent, has a nice arm and can fling the rock. If he goes to camps he will impress enough to get some offers. Does'nt have ideal height but he has enough football instincts and savy to overcome that. Hopefully he goes to the camps this summer as he will get noticed if he does.

bankonit you have to be the most over the top ridiculous poster I have ever encountered. I honestly am dumbfounded at the things that you say with 100% seriousness. Weinke won a Heisman Trophy, Walsh won a National Title, and Mauer was the number 1 overall recruit in the COUNTRY and the missing piece to an FSU team that was loaded but had no QB. Wow, you never cease to amaze me. Too bad Rivals wasn't around during Weinke, Walsh and Mauers days. You would definitely have been all over them if that was the case.

But that kid can play. If you watched him in the State playoffs or in the Prep Bowl you will know what I am talking about. Jayme Mota QB for New London Spicer that knocked off GSL in the Prep bowl. That kid is a talent, has a nice arm and can fling the rock. If he goes to camps he will impress enough to get some offers. Does'nt have ideal height but he has enough football instincts and savy to overcome that. Hopefully he goes to the camps this summer as he will get noticed if he does.

He's a good player but stick him in AAAAA football and there are plenty of better quarterbacks/prospects.
________
Rambler (bicycle) specifications

bankonit you have to be the most over the top ridiculous poster I have ever encountered. I honestly am dumbfounded at the things that you say with 100% seriousness. Weinke won a Heisman Trophy, Walsh won a National Title, and Mauer was the number 1 overall recruit in the COUNTRY and the missing piece to an FSU team that was loaded but had no QB. Wow, you never cease to amaze me. Too bad Rivals wasn't around during Weinke, Walsh and Mauers days. You would definitely have been all over them if that was the case.

Please tell me where I said I don't like Joe Mauer? I said he never played college football, which is true, he chose baseball and it has worked out very nicely for him. As for Weiner and Walsh, how did their skills transfer over to the next level again? If they were truly good did they lose their skills somehow when they got to the NFL? OR maybe there were other factors involved in over inflating their stats and worth? Like the teams they were on and the systems they played in helped make them look better than they actually were. Gino Toretta looked fantastic because he was playing for the Huricanes and when he got to the NFL you saw that he sucked, he looked good because of Miami players. Nothing changed about Chris Weinke between graduating from Florida State and playing in the NFL, He was simply exposed for who he was and that was a not very good QB.

...Gino Toretta looked fantastic because he was playing for the Huricanes and when he got to the NFL you saw that he sucked, he looked good because of Miami players. Nothing changed about Chris Weinke between graduating from Florida State and playing in the NFL, He was simply exposed for who he was and that was a not very good QB.

:eek:

I wonder if the Downtown New York Athletic Club will try to get its Heisman Trophys back from these two...:eek::eek:

Please tell me where I said I don't like Joe Mauer? I said he never played college football, which is true, he chose baseball and it has worked out very nicely for him. As for Weiner and Walsh, how did their skills transfer over to the next level again? If they were truly good did they lose their skills somehow when they got to the NFL? OR maybe there were other factors involved in over inflating their stats and worth? Like the teams they were on and the systems they played in helped make them look better than they actually were. Gino Toretta looked fantastic because he was playing for the Huricanes and when he got to the NFL you saw that he sucked, he looked good because of Miami players. Nothing changed about Chris Weinke between graduating from Florida State and playing in the NFL, He was simply exposed for who he was and that was a not very good QB.

So let me get this straight, Walsh and Weinke were only good because of the players around them. So when these teams were competing for national championships they were able to recruit great players at every other position but each ended up with a hack playing QB because they just couldn't recruit good athletes at that position, sounds logical.

So let me get this straight, Walsh and Weinke were only good because of the players around them. So when these teams were competing for national championships they were able to recruit great players at every other position but each ended up with a hack playing QB because they just couldn't recruit good athletes at that position, sounds logical.

ok. So tell me why they were for some strange reason not good in the NFL?

ok. So tell me why they were for some strange reason not good in the NFL?

There are many reasons why successful college QBs have a hard time in the NFL, while average college QBs can be very good. My top 4 reasons are:

1. Speed of the NFL game: If you can't adjust to the much faster game, you're done.
2. Accuracy: NFL D's are so good that you need to be pinpoint to be good.
3. Intelligence: If you can't manage an NFL offense, you're done.
4. Maturity as in demeanor: If you can't stay above the fray, you're done.

Many college QBs can be very successful with a couple of the above, by in the NFL you need all of them.

Former Cretin 2-sport stud Joe Mauer a decade ago...

Faxed LOI to Bobby Bowden, but then said yes to MLB.

Bobby bowden took getting jilted like a man;)

Current Cretin 2-sport stud Mark Alt today...

Top 20 high school hockey player in America, verbally committed to Don Lucia as a sophomore, with the caveat that he wanted to be a Gopher IF he decided to play college hockey.

Alt might also be considering a full ride to play QB at his dream schoool for Kirk Ferentz.;)

He may have to tell either Lucia or Ferentz 'NO.' Wonder if the jilted one will take it like a man?:rolleyes:

Mauer a decade ago?...Alt today?...are there any similarities??

Maybe just a one or two.:D

How about if we all celebrate the resounding success of another locally-produced product:)

Sounds like the best football QB/hockey defenseman in the state has a decision to make!

Brian Athey has been a busy young lad this summer, what with baseball and football. He helped his Eden Prairie High School baseball team win a big school division state championship in Minnesota, after putting up enough numbers as quarterback to earn him college recognition and a FULL RIDE TO WEST VIRGINIA today.

TIMMY miss another minnesota kid???

Brian Athey has been a busy young lad this summer, what with baseball and football. He helped his Eden Prairie High School baseball team win a big school division state championship in Minnesota, after putting up enough numbers as quarterback to earn him college recognition and a FULL RIDE TO WEST VIRGINIA today.

TIMMY miss another minnesota kid???

Athey is a multi-generation legacy at WVU and the Gophers did not offer.

So the answer is no. Why don't you head back to the lake to hit some of that hot, hot, hot teen a** you brag about.

Athey is a multi-generation legacy at WVU and the Gophers did not offer.

So the answer is no. Why don't you head back to the lake to hit some of that hot, hot, hot teen a** you brag about.

Hey man, show some respect. Lakesbison is like a God amongst the 22- and 23-year old men in DL. I'd brag too if I were hittin' that.

Hey man, show some respect. Lakesbison is like a God amongst the 22- and 23-year old men in DL. I'd brag too if I were hittin' that.

I'm sure his can't miss pickup line is "Hey there sugar shorts...you know...I can buy beer".

But then again I can't be sure that he's not a gay bar superstar.

Zing!

But seriously, the kid is headed to hillbilly country in Morgantown. The tree in that family must have only one branch.

I'm sure his can't miss pickup line is "Hey there sugar shorts...you know...I can buy beer".

But then again I can't be sure that he's not a gay bar superstar.

Seriously.

I just about died reading "sugar shorts".

Kudos to you, sir. You are one funny MF'er.

!! "sugar shorts" !! I'm still laughing!

I'm going to use that one on my wife tonight. She won't like it. Oh well.

Top Bottom