Best h.s. qb in MN next season

Bankonit,

You have named four former D1 QBs in this thread. 3 won the Heisman. All four started in National Championship games.

It's obvious that after you got called out for your stupidity in saying they weren't good recruits you are arguing just for the sake of arguing. You also keep changing what the argument is about.

To be clear, the NFL is not the goal in recruiting, idiot. The goal in recruiting is to improve the program and win games. They were all great recruits. Admit it. Or don't. But stop defending your absurd claims.

You're welcome.

BRAN ATHEY without a doubt. FULL RIDE to WEST VIRGINIA. Find me a MN QB entering his senior year with a better commit and I'll listen to it.

Lol this post is funny! i dont get why this guy is saying since these heisman qb's didnt pan out in the NFL they weren't good in college? It was the team around these Qb's. No disrespect to Weber cause im a fan and hope he does well, but he you replace him with Crouch or Weinke he is not gonna win a Heisman and not be known as a college great. So if Tebow fails in the NFL then his career in Florida was only cuz of the player around him? funny stuff

BRAN ATHEY without a doubt. FULL RIDE to WEST VIRGINIA. Find me a MN QB entering his senior year with a better commit and I'll listen to it.

You know this thread is from prior to last season, don't you?

Brian Athey has been a busy young lad this summer, what with baseball and football. He helped his Eden Prairie High School baseball team win a big school division state championship in Minnesota, after putting up enough numbers as quarterback to earn him college recognition and a FULL RIDE TO WEST VIRGINIA today.

TIMMY miss another minnesota kid???

DeadThread.jpg

That is a terrible get for WVU, unless he is moving positions......nothing like a Wing-T QB to run the WVU spread

For the record, in 2010, a healthy Parsons is the best QB in the state, and it isn't close.

That is a terrible get for WVU, unless he is moving positions......nothing like a Wing-T QB to run the WVU spread

For the record, in 2010, a healthy Parsons is the best QB in the state, and it isn't close.

No. The best QB in the state in 2010 isn't even a senior. His name is Joe Mollberg and he plays for Detroit Lakes.

No. The best QB in the state in 2010 isn't even a senior. His name is Joe Mollberg and he plays for Detroit Lakes.

+1

Now let this thread rest in peace; despite the Gopherhole's very own EVIL Thread-Necromancer extraordinaire [ominous music emanates from unseen sources] <STRIKE>Lakes</STRIKE>PuddlesBison's vile sorcery aimed at reviving any thread he google's up that has to do with what ever random thought he has that shows his beloved Bovidae in what he thinks is a favorable light and/or displays his perception of Brewster's inadequacies in out state recruiting.

Seriously, Lakes. Dude. I used to kinda like the Bison before you went all nuts. Your favorite team beat a neighboring team from the next level up (and BCS AQ'd no less; which admittedly is hard to type without a little sigh). I get that this event, further fueled by some Small Town/Big City inferiority complex you've thus far exhibited, is just about the best thing that ever happened to you. I suppose it would be like us beating USC this year. I definitely know it was one of the worse losses in my decade of avid Gopher-fandom [the drubbing by Iowa and the Michigan collapse being right in this discussion], and bear no grudge for it inversely being your best win. But it has been three long years now; nearly a completed roster cycle in college ball. Surely the need to revisit this must be fading a little?

Furthermore, last Autumn I was down in Ames for the opener and up in Fargo for the Harvest Bowl (my first visit to that basketball arena you guys play in... little underwhelmed, but I do like the 'bison on the march' cheer). That squad is never going to beat the Gophers again in the shape it is in. Now, though I think we are FAR improved athletically since the atrocity that was 2007, I guess I don't deny you some reasons/delusions for optimism for our next on-the-field meeting and indeed some good natured ribbing may well be in order in the weeks before that game. I also get that you don't care for Brewster, which I don't know how that affects you as a Bison, but whatever.

However, in light of there being 15 scheduled games before the next NDSU visit and this being nominaliy a site for Gopher fans to discuss our team, no matter how poor their fortunes, allow me to posit a simple request:

FOR THE LOVE OF FVCKING GOD WOULD YOU GIVE IT A GODDAM REST ALREADY!!! AND FOR CHRIST SAKE STOP DIGGING UP THREADS THAT ARE OVER A GODDAM YEAR OLD!!!

STOP FULFILLING EVERY PRECONCEIVED NOTION THAT I MIGHT HAVE THAT WEST OF ALEXANDRIA THERE IS NOTHING BUT A SPARSE SCATTERING OF KNUCKLE-DRAGGING BIGOTED MOUTH-BREATHERS THAT CAN BARELY FIGURE OUT HOW TO USE THE INTERNET! AT LEAST BE NOT SO DAMN DIMMWITTED IN YOUR FUMBLING WITH THIS CRAZY *INTERWEBS MACHINE* AS TO KEEP POINTLESSLY DRAGGING UP ANCIENT POSTS.

TROLL ON NEW POSTS! OR BETTER YET, JUST FVCKING LEAVE!!!!!

Sept. 3 Eagan vs Lakeville South

If you are interested in seeing 2 very good QB's at the same time Lakeville South Plays at Eagan on Sept. 3. Parsons is the QB for Eagan and South has a Jr named Mitch Leidner that is going to be very good. Leidner has performed very well this summer and at the 7 vs 7 passing Tournament at the U the Gopher coaches followed the South team around and watched every game and talked to Leidner for over an hour. The South team just recently finished 3rd in the nation in 7 vs 7 passing league tournament in Orlando. They were the only school team there while the other teams were all star teams from cities such as national champion miami. South actually defeated Miami in pool play but then lost to them in the bracket competition.

If you are interested in seeing 2 very good QB's at the same time Lakeville South Plays at Eagan on Sept. 3. Parsons is the QB for Eagan and South has a Jr named Mitch Leidner that is going to be very good. Leidner has performed very well this summer and at the 7 vs 7 passing Tournament at the U the Gopher coaches followed the South team around and watched every game and talked to Leidner for over an hour. The South team just recently finished 3rd in the nation in 7 vs 7 passing league tournament in Orlando. They were the only school team there while the other teams were all star teams from cities such as national champion miami. South actually defeated Miami in pool play but then lost to them in the bracket competition.

South's QB will be real interesting. All the potential in the world, but no varsity action yet. Larry T says he has a great team every year. This year he might. That QB is great in 7 on 7, it will be interesting to see what he does when he is facing pass rush.

The kid from GSL is GREAT. He should be recruited as an ath IMO.

I wish GSL would play Eden Prairie non-conference. That would be a fun one to watch (though EP would definitely win....probably)

Top Bottom