Best female singimg voice of the 70s and 80s.

Stevie Nicks and Natalie Merchant for me. Amy Lee is my favorite regardless of the decade.

Stevie Nicks is my new #1 all-time. Debbie Harry #2. Ronnie Spector #3.

Gotta give it up for Ann Wilson of Heart. 80's Heart is some pretty lame music but in the 70's they were all kinds of amazing and Ann was great on both the quiet stuff and the rockers.
If you met Ann you would love her!

Anne Murray hasn’t been mentioned. She had a great voice.

ABC showed the Ron Howard documentary on Jim Henson over the weekend. It reminded me of this gem from Linda Ronstadt and the Muppet crew.

Blue Bayou

Last edited:

ABC showed the Ron Howard documentary on Jim Henson over the weekend. It reminded my of this gem from Linda Ronstadt and the Muppet crew.

Blue Bayou
I love any group with a "sister section". I always loved the Pips. Gotta hand it to the "frog section".

Ahhh.. Ann Wilson of Heart phenomenal all time voice
Agreed. I had tickets to see Heart at Red Rocks next month but sadly the tour was cancelled due to Ann undergoing cancer treatment. Hopefully she fully recovers.

ABC showed the Ron Howard documentary on Jim Henson over the weekend. It reminded my of this gem from Linda Ronstadt and the Muppet crew.

Blue Bayou
Didn't see the documentary but great show and segment above with Ronstadt is brilliant.
I'm sure it was in the documentary, but Henson was from this poor, poor delta town of Greenville, MS. Was there a couple times for business and drove past the house he grew up in.

Didn't see the documentary but great show and segment above with Ronstadt is brilliant.
I'm sure it was in the documentary, but Henson was from this poor, poor delta town of Greenville, MS. Was there a couple times for business and drove past the house he grew up in.
It does not focus much on his early life/childhood, but yes it does mention Greenville, MS and growing up there. He eventually went to school at the University of Maryland.

Top Bottom