Best conference realignment idea yet...

PAC's big issue was lack of leadership, and as a result terrible TV income.

B1G provides all that....

I thought about a merge when they made their deal not to expand for 5 minutes.

PAC's big issue was lack of leadership, and as a result terrible TV income.

B1G provides all that....

I thought about a merge when they made their deal not to expand for 5 minutes.
The media deals have been terrible since the PAC decided to have their own sports network without an affiliation with a major network. The Twins tried this same setup and failed. The B1G has Fox and the SEC has ESPN and both are doing great.

The PAC network made it difficult to watch all the games. I live near Seattle and have been able to watch many more Gopher than Husky games on TV. Amazingly, the Big Ten Network has more availability on the west coast than the PAC-12 network did.

A few months ago, I posted information showing that while the PAC-12 had the 2nd, 6th, 12th and 13th largest TV markets, they also had the lowest percentage of viewers tuning into games. It seems that 10 years of difficult broadcast access has severely lowered the media value of the PAC conference.

The idea of partnering with the Big Ten Network and Fox for producing and scheduling games may be too late, but it sure would have been interesting to see and the PAC-12 just may have survived. It still might, but it’s not looking good at all.

Ugh! Not even a half good idea. We have the best of the west , but out east we have Rutgers, Maryland, and PSU. We need to complete the east with premier teams. That means going South East. Just think a second. It’s about money. Time to clean up. Time for Gopher NIL.

Top Bottom