Best coached teams in the country

gold04

Reaction score
Northwesterns coach Pat Fitzgerald said his team needs to play a lot better in order to stay undefeated, because next week they play Minnesota, one of the best coached teams in the country.

Sounds like he's scared to play us!

Are you sure he wasn't being sarcastic?

he is one great coach-NW is and always will be a bottom feeder in the big team, but their only hope at making the program somewhat relevant was to hire someone for whom the job was the ultimate destination, a former player, with strong ties and affintity to the program...that is our best chance too.....fitz is a true gent and realizes he will be the laughing stock if he loses this game with our stout squad...no harm in puffing up your opponent to get all motivated and in synch with the expectations for a tough game, which is a joke, as we all know

Northwesterns coach Pat Fitzgerald said his team needs to play a lot better in order to stay undefeated, because next week they play Minnesota, one of the best coached teams in the country.

Sounds like he's scared to play us!

That was a TREMENDOUS statement.

Coach Fitz will show us next week why he is one of the most underated coaches in the country. I'd be suprised if we stayed within 2 or 3 touchdowns. I think next week Northwestern will take us to the woodshed.

Coach Fitz will show us next week why he is one of the most underrated coaches in the country. I'd be suprised if we stayed within 2 or 3 touchdowns. I think next week Northwestern will take us to the woodshed.

Mike Hankwitz is one of the better DC in the country and NU brings a physical defense into every game. Even when NU is over-matched they seem to find a way to force the opposing offense into making critical mistakes. Dan Persa is going to carve up the gopher defense all day with medium range passing routes to Jeremy Ebert, Drake Dunsmore and Sidney Stewart. The Wildcats do not run the football particularly well so maybe Minnesota can spend more time game planning for the
pass. Minny must win the turnover battle to have a chance.

Top Bottom