Best Coach so Far hands Down

victor04

Reaction score
Bill Miller, wow I am quite impressed with his work so far.

He has some serious credentials as a coach, and has proven to be quite good at what he does recruiting style as well. Yes we can't determine the legitimacy of maybe 2 or so of these recruits based on offers, but its not like we are just adding these guys as fillers at the end of the class.
These guys all must have some qualities that the coaches truly desire.

Bill definitely deserves some props
CAn the other Goph recruiters at least raise a hand?

Keep it up Bill!!

Each coach has skills as to what they do best. Comes together as a team. Not interested really wondering who is the best coach at the moment is. You've got coaches behind the scenes working to keep kids from slipping with their academics and you don't hear about that. You've got other coaches doing things we don't know about that are vital to the team concept.

They will all raise their hand together when asked who is working hard for the Minnesota program.

Sorry I can't agree with this at all. A few years back all the talk was about how great Tim Cross and the LB/ST coach were (name escapes me) mainly because of their supposed recruiting prowess. Then once 'their' guys hit the field and the vets were gone we saw our DL get manhandled and our LBs taking horrible angles and missing tackles and everyone was saying how the only coaches they wanted Kill to hold on to were Hammock and Davis and Davis was a minor factor in recruiting (from the outside looking in). I'll wait a few years before I say who the best/worst coaches appear to be, even with a 'so far' caveat.

haha classic Minnesota sports fan response from oleboy41.

Seriously? What's wrong with that response? It's probably fair to call Miller the best recruiter thus far. But best coach? You need to see the results of his coaching for that.

Not a damned one of us has a clue of what goes into all of this.

Not a damned one of us has a clue of what goes into all of this.

Right. And I never player football at the college level, so I should be prohibited from sharing my opinion about college football.

I have also never been President of the United States so I shall heretofore resist the urge to offer any opinions on the POTUS.

Of course we dont know the full outlook of the coaches yet, they have yet to really coach. "So far", like I said he is the best, since all we have to go off is recruiting, so yeah I think he has shown to be the most impressive. I know its early in the ball game, but all we have to go on is recruiting, and he seems to be doin some work.

Top Bottom