Best chance of a MN football victory?

station19

Reaction score
Gophers vs. USC

or

Vikings vs. Saints

As a Gopher homer, I say Vikings over the Saints. The NFL is pretty close top to bottom, and the Vikings are way closer to the top than they are to the bottom. The disparity between USC and the Gophers, however, is much larger. Not saying it CAN'T happen, just saying there's much less of a chance.

The Vikings were driving on the Saints to win the game on the road despite all the turnovers. I only hope the Gophers will be in that position come 9/18.

I'm no Viking fan (Gooooo Lions), but if I had to put the house on it, I'd go Vikings all the way. The Gophers beating USC (home or away) is a major upset. The Vikes beating the Saints on the road, a minor upset.

As a Gopher homer, I say Vikings over the Saints. The NFL is pretty close top to bottom, and the Vikings are way closer to the top than they are to the bottom. The disparity between USC and the Gophers, however, is much larger. Not saying it CAN'T happen, just saying there's much less of a chance.

Yup^

I definitely agree. Now if the question is rephrased to say which victory would I prefer to see, definitely the Gophers over USC!!!

The whole concept around Any Given Sunday. Therefore the Vikings should have the best chance. They also have the best chance to dominate offensively and lose the game :D.

This is a GOPHER board (a place to discuss the Gophers).

Okay, how's this:

The best chance for a victory

Gophers vs. USC

or

Off-topic team vs. Team of former Gopher opponent Drew Brees

Best chance of a Minnesota victory? Minnesota over North Carolina Central in volleyball on Friday in the Duke invitational.

Okay, how's this:

The best chance for a victory

Gophers vs. USC

or

Off-topic team vs. Team of former Gopher opponent Drew Brees

Even better:

Gophers vs. team coached by Bloomington native and former Gopher coach candidate Lane Kiffin

or

former Gopher Marcus Sherels' current team vs. former Gopher opponent Drew Brees' current team

Is that Gophercentric enough for you, AB?

If only we could get the Vikings to leave town, then this wouldn't even be a debate.

I thought my 2,000th post should follow this statement - even if it were intended to be sarcastic.

Thanks to everyone for 7 great years of Gopher debate and discussion!

Vikes because we still have no idea what that piece of *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# from last year is this year.

Even better:

Gophers vs. team coached by Bloomington native and former Gopher coach candidate Lane Kiffin

or

former Gopher Marcus Sherels' current team vs. former Gopher opponent Drew Brees' current team

Is that Gophercentric enough for you, AB?

haha, you got me. Absolutely. I mean, the game pretty much came down to Marcus Sherels versus Big Ten legend Drew Brees.

Is it too late to change my answer to Gophers?

Nah, as long as you didn't answer previously.

Though, there is a chance we play the Saints in the playoffs. Sadly, the odds of us beating the Saints in the playoffs, taking into account the uncertainty of said game taking place, and us beating USC might be similar.

Top Bottom