Best bar to watch a Gopher away game?

joekulas12

Reaction score
I'm going to be in the cities in a couple of weekends while the Gophers are playing Michigan. We are doing the Twins game on Saturday, and a concert on Sunday, but I want to know where the best bar is to watch a Gopher game, just in case we are able to make a stop in to watch the Gophers take back the jug! This Michigan team is beatable!

It used to be Bullwinkles back in the day.

I would assume BW3 on campus or Stubbs or Sallys would be good, outside of that I used to watch them at Joe Sensers bar, but I think that closed...

Burger Moe's in StP on West 7th. Halftime Rec in StP is a great neighborhood place as well...the bar scenes from Grumpy Old Men were filmed there. Place called Tap Society in South Mpls. It's another neighborhood place (small) with good bar food and a tap wall.

While not technically a bar, the Perfect Ash in Inver Grove Heights is a good place to watch the game. They have 5 large tv's, a bunch of couches, and you can sit and enjoy the game with a cigar. There is a liquor store next door if you want to grab something there and fill a cup, plus the new owner is a former Gopher O lineman (Pat O'Brien).

Joe Senser's in Roseville will always be well packed for big time games.

For me, I just want to be surrounded by Gopher fans if I go to a bar. So that has pretty much meant needing to go near campus.

Sadly, the "Gopher Bar" in Saint Paul has historically let me down - more of a local alcoholic spot.

Joe Senser's in Roseville will always be well packed for big time games.

For me, I just want to be surrounded by Gopher fans if I go to a bar. So that has pretty much meant needing to go near campus.

Sadly, the "Gopher Bar" in Saint Paul has historically let me down - more of a local alcoholic spot.
When was the last time you were there?

I'm going to be in the cities in a couple of weekends while the Gophers are playing Michigan. We are doing the Twins game on Saturday, and a concert on Sunday, but I want to know where the best bar is to watch a Gopher game, just in case we are able to make a stop in to watch the Gophers take back the jug! This Michigan team is beatable!
If you are staying in Downtown Jackson Hole is great place stop. Walking distance to Target Field and home to KC Chief fans on Sundays.

MAC's Industrial just in Northeast not far from DT has the sound up and usually a good crowd. Sallys like Irish said is good. It's big, there will be atmosphere, and usually good beer specials.

Top Bottom