Best April Fools Jokes

I did the broken leg bit one year (neighbor is a doc), which meant the wife ended up taking out the trash to the end of the driveway that night -- when she left to take it out (we have a long driveway), I took off the cast and went down to the treadmill and started jogging. She got me back the next year by showing me a postive "I'm pregnant" test.

One of the all-timers was a prank pulled off by a radio host in La Crosse, Wisconsin in 1986. The guy's on-air name was "Brucie Bumchuckles."

Brucie told his listeners that the telephone company was doing maintenance on the phone lines, and said they should put a plastic bag over the phone because the pressure on the line might cause dust to come out of the handset.

and people bought it. there were actually people calling the phone company and asking when it was safe to take the bags off of their phone.

you can find audio of the bit on YouTube.

Pardon the Interruption had a good one today, reporting that Coach K was stepping down immediately so as to take off pressure on his team for its FF semifinal against UNC.

The Jimmys swapped talk show gigs yesterday. Fallon did Kimmel Live on ABC and Kimmel hosted the Tonight Show on NBC.

Pretty genius. Amazing they could keep it under wraps.

Top Bottom